Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the first thing you play on your radio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is this in the beginning of the Tesla video? I havn't seen this before!~

tesla.jpg

perhaps music from the movie "Electric Dreams" (yes, I'm that old).

Ha! Awesome movie. My wife found a copy on DVD last year; we had not seen it for at least a decade. A great theme song, too.

The tracks I will be playing first:

Porcupine Tree / Chloroform (from the In Absentia DTS DVD, assuming the Model S will play DVDs). Have to test the bass delivery with this number.
Porcupine Tree / Stranger by the Minute (from the Stupid Dream DVD-Audio 5.1 disc).
The Gathering / Great Ocean Road. Would love to hear the didgeridoo.
Amorphis / Relief. This is among my favorite "driving" songs, fast-paced but plenty of time changes.
Oceanlab / Miracle. To don a sardonic pseudo-smug smile while laughing at the comical global warming lyrics.
Pure Reason Revolution / In Aurelia. Just because it's one of my favorites.
Tron Legacy soundtrack / End of Line. Seems like a no-brainer for an electric car to have some Tron soundtrack action.
Marconi Union / Buildings and People. Another great driving song.
Pendulum / The Island. To get my electronica/dance fix.
Theatre of Tragedy / Automatic Lover. Same reason as above.
Thievery Corporation / Satyam Shivam Sundaram or Khalghi Stomp.
Khaled / Alech Taadi. Fifth Element? Yes, please.

With "just" two acoustic guitars, this is more on the"fast" side:

Paco De Lucia & Al Di Meola The Reunion "Mediterranean Sundance"

Enjoying the following one requires either a *lot* of patience, or the state of mind where you don't "need" music and might otherwise turn the sound system off. It is very slow, and more than an hour long. It is from one of the pioneers of electronic music, and perhaps only those who are already familiar with electronic music will have a sense for it...

Klaus Schulze - The Theme : The Rhodes Elegy

This is a much more fast paced piece (relatively speaking) from Klaus Schulze... two and a half hours long. And more electronic "features"...

Klaus Schulze - Picasso geht spazieren (Studio 1992)

Last edited: