Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the highest reservation number to get invite to configure?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is it just me for have the reservation numbers been dropped off the website? I can only see an RN Number there now, before it was whats in my sig

No you seem to be right at least for now....... I had sequence #4 for Europe and that is now gone..... the only number remaining in my dashboard is the RN number............ I guess they want to be free to distribute the cars as they can and wish and not end up in the same mess as with the initial S deliveries....... If I do not have a sequence number I can't get too pissed off if I guy in Norway whom had a much higher sequence number gets his car before me....... not too cool though on TESLA's part

No you seem to be right at least for now....... I had sequence #4 for Europe and that is now gone..... the only number remaining in my dashboard is the RN number............ I guess they want to be free to distribute the cars as they can and wish and not end up in the same mess as with the initial S deliveries....... If I do not have a sequence number I can't get too pissed off if I guy in Norway whom had a much higher sequence number gets his car before me....... not too cool though on TESLA's part
I would think sequence numbers only make sense until they send out the invites to configure. After that it's first come first serve - or would you rather someone taking 7 days to decide holds up the line?

I would think sequence numbers only make sense until they send out the invites to configure. After that it's first come first serve - or would you rather someone taking 7 days to decide holds up the line?

Certainly not, but now there seems not even to be sequence for sending out the invitation to configure for the rest of us so to speak.... at least not for now

Certainly not, but now there seems not even to be sequence for sending out the invitation to configure for the rest of us so to speak.... at least not for now
Hmm that's weird. I would have thought the invites are sent out in reservation order. I suppose they have a reason, it's not just random, maybe logistics, etc. It would be nice of them to share that info, but communication has never been their strength...

So all American sigs have been invited. Any news on delivery dates?
As an early general production reservation holder (EU) I was hoping for december or january :)

It will be interesting to see how long they wait to start shipping out EU orders. I guess it will come down to how much they want to hit that 55k delivery number as it is far easier for them to ship nationally than internationally. I would take seeing EU orders coming in as a positive sign that they are confident in hitting delivery goals, so my fingers are crossed for you to see a December delivery!

Probably a super-newbie question, but do the Production reservation numbers start over at #1, or pick up where the Signature reservations end?

Yes, production reservation numbers start over at 1. The last 5 digits of the VIN also restart at 00001:

• Founders: ...F00001
  • Signature: ...S00001
  • Production: ...P00001
One of the earlier VIN positions encodes the model year (2016), so it's OK that 2016 model year max possible X production VIN is 99999. Hopefully, the encoding will have to be changed for 2017 since I believe the X will be a huge success.

This is Elon's X Founder #1 VIN from his data plate: (sorry for the cross-posting but it's relevant to illustrate the above)
Elons Founder 1 Data Plate.jpg

PS. I predict the earliest Production reservation holders will be invited to configure on Tuesday, October 6th, with first deliveries hopefully after ALL the US Signatures have been requested to schedule delivery of their X's.

Last edited:
Wishful thinking...

There's no precedent for that. Tesla's never done that. With all prior launches it's done one country at a time.

Good luck with that one.

And how many launches have Tesla had?

Elon told us in Oslo that the first model X in EU, would be delivered two to three months after U.S, and more than one month would be transportation.
On model S the EU chargers and charge port had to be developed.

If they mess up the X deliveries, Sig vs Prod, like Model S.
I guess few Signature of model 3 will be sold.
The last EU Signature of model X was sold just a year ago.

Last edited:
Just received this:

Model X deliveries have started in North America. Built electric from the ground up, Model X is designed to be the safest car in its class. It offers a breathtaking panoramic view and distinctive Falcon wing doors for convenient second and third row access. Model X provides 250 miles of range, while achieving 0-60 in 3.4 seconds for superior passing ability.

We will invite the next group of reservation holders to configure in the next few weeks. We hope to invite all current reservation holders to configure their cars before the end of 2015.

Last sentence emphasis mine. Whoa.

Not to be cynical, but "inviting to configure" and "shipping" are two different things :) They could increase the number of configuration invitations to better gauge what options have been requested, and batch the production more efficiently - particularly important due to the presumed shortage of some parts.

That said, I would assume that configuring will indicate an imminent shipment, so that email gives me hope again.