Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the least attractive color for Model 3, from your observations?

What is the least attractive color for Model 3 you've seen in the wild?

• Pearl White Multi-Coat

Votes: 71 9.8%
  • Silver Metallic

Votes: 179 24.8%
  • Solid Black

Votes: 161 22.3%
  • Midnight Silver Metallic

Votes: 86 11.9%
  • Deep Blue Metallic

Votes: 71 9.8%
  • Red Metallic

Votes: 36 5.0%
  • I like them all

Votes: 119 16.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
......or this without the fancy painted stuff

eym41bFAtKjnCydwnGw18_b5sIiYdZ3a1P9w65HFaSY.jpg

Is this another color preference post? Sigh. There is no objective answer to this question, so what's the point? I'd never buy a "normal" silver colored car, and I'd have preferred a dark red/burgundy, but that wasn't an option. I have MSM, which contrasts well with sport wheels. But that, you see, is purely personal preference.

By asking which color is ugliest, it seems like you're just trying to bait people for a response. Perhaps I failed by taking that bait.
This poll is intended for entertainment purposes only. No scientific public opinion research is being conducted, I swear.

Are you not entertained?

I picked silver metallic because I didn't want to emphasize the lines of the car, which I don't think are great. It also makes the chrome less noticeable and doesn't show dirt as much as most others.
Agree on the lines, surprised by your decision. Black, blue and what you guys call MSM, but I prefer Space X Gray to honor my two favorite brands, do a better job downplaying the lines, in my opinion.

Then what was the point?
How else am I supposed to kill a month or two?
Doesn't really belong here if it's intended for anything else.
I am sorry, but would you care to elaborate why? Did I miss the Terms of Use that say all posts have to be impartial?

P.S. I just now noticed the Model 3: Interior & Exterior subforum. I apologize.

P.P.S. I found this in the ToS and I stand corrected.

You agree to not use the Service to:

a. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.​

I will remember not to post any content that anyone may find in any way objectionable.

Last edited:
I am sorry, but would you care to elaborate why?
Mostly because we're a community that appreciates treating each other fairly.

If you're looking to "mess" with members, that violates:
Terms of Service said:
You agree to not use the Service to:
i. disrupt the normal flow of dialogue...

If you don't like that answer, you might prefer this one:
Terms of Service said:
we at this site reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever.

In the end, though, it's because it's just not nice. Be nice.

Reactions: Seven7
I think all the colors look pretty good, but my least favorite is White. White M3s I saw just looked a bit, blah.

What I'm most likely to get is Silver or Red. I've seen one Silver M3 and thought it looked amazing. I haven't seen Red in the flesh, but from the look on YouTube they can look really good if well polished. If I got red it would be the 1st time. I'm a bit concerned that it would stand out, but then again I think that Silver will stand out too as it's currently the most rare color.

I'm surprised that Model 3 buyers seem to like Silver the least, since that is the most popular car color by far especially for luxury cars. Silver generally meant the highest resale value.

Added another vote for white being my least favorite - although that’s more of an all car thing for me rather than just the Model 3. I mean even in white this car looks great to me but white cars just make me look for your company logo on the doors ..it’s a fleet, company car color to me...but of course that’s just my opinion.
I have a multi-coat red version with over 2k miles logged and it’s incredible. It does get attention for sure, especially here on the east coast.

I normally like red cars. The RX-7, Dodge Viper, Acura NSX, and all ferraris all had beautiful reds.
The red tesla uses on the model 3 has a touch of burgundy in it, and looks REALLY burgundy under certain light conditions. Changes it from a sporty color to an old-man-car color. Wish it was just sporty red instead of "mature" red.