Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the least attractive color for Model 3, from your observations?

What is the least attractive color for Model 3 you've seen in the wild?

• Pearl White Multi-Coat

Votes: 71 9.8%
  • Silver Metallic

Votes: 179 24.8%
  • Solid Black

Votes: 161 22.3%
  • Midnight Silver Metallic

Votes: 86 11.9%
  • Deep Blue Metallic

Votes: 71 9.8%
  • Red Metallic

Votes: 36 5.0%
  • I like them all

Votes: 119 16.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first choice was Silver, but I couldn't justify the $1K extra. I got black instead. I took my car to service a few weeks ago and it sat next to a silver M3. The silver was just plain dull next to mine. I used the money for a tint job, mats, and Ceramic supplies. It really shines in the sun especially with CQuartz applied. I'm having a hard time taking my eyes off it. :)

To further illustrate color tastes vary, I'm getting Silver Metallic and having it fully wrapped in Xpel Stealth so it will be even less shiny. :)

Reactions: Glamisduner
White doesn't show dirt as much? Every single time I get behind a white Tesla (X or S, haven't seen many white 3s), I see big splotches of dirt, especially on the rear bumper. The car looks awesome from far away, but getting up close, I always see dirt.

Well, at least you have to get close ;)

Yes, dirt shows on white. Nothing magic about it. But I've found that other colors, especially darker ones, tend to show dirt/dust sooner and more uniformly across the car. Kind of like a film, if that makes sense. Bugs do show up right away, which is really my only complaint.

Reactions: ohmman
I have seen a red M3 on Highway 80 headed to Sacramento with a matte red wrap, I didn't care for it much. The wrap made the car look like a rose of off red color. Dylan at Paint Protection Concepts has a matte blue which looks really good.

I like red but my wife does not. We debated between white and blue and ended up with blue.

Well, at least you have to get close ;)

Yes, dirt shows on white. Nothing magic about it. But I've found that other colors, especially darker ones, tend to show dirt/dust sooner and more uniformly across the car. Kind of like a film, if that makes sense. Bugs do show up right away, which is really my only complaint.
I drive two white Teslas because of this. I’m on a gravel road and the dust is incredible in the summer. My choices to hide an even coating of dust are silver or white, and I personally don’t prefer the mix of chrome and silver. So, white.

Reactions: flashflooder
My first choice was Silver, but I couldn't justify the $1K extra. I got black instead. I took my car to service a few weeks ago and it sat next to a silver M3. The silver was just plain dull next to mine. I used the money for a tint job, mats, and Ceramic supplies. It really shines in the sun especially with CQuartz applied. I'm having a hard time taking my eyes off it. :)
I've been lusting after red, with MSM a close second. Never really liked the silver too much, but it still looked "nice" on the website. Today I saw a Silver Model 3 up close, and I really did not like it. I just felt like I couldn't see any details of the car. The chrome and the silver blend too well, losing any distinction. Today was a bright, sunny day. Perhaps I would feel differently in overcast/rainy days.

But I've ordered red. Every time I see a red S or 3, my heart skips a beat or two. Red X not so much, but it really pops on the S and 3. Can't wait!

Reactions: Msjulie
I originally ordered blue (I’ve never had a blue car), then I saw one in person that was filthy and thought it looked terrible.

So I changed my order to MSM. I wanted to do red but I find it a bit too flashy and in my experience it is the hardest color to keep up if you keep the car longer term.

This week I went to the delivery center and spent a full 30 minutes looking at all of the colors. This was in the bright noonday sun, or, typical Colorado outdoor lighting year round.

Worst to best;

MSM - soooo boring, doesn’t have as much zip as many other manufacturers grey metallics and I guess I’ve also owned many grey/silver cars over the pas 20 years.

Black - bueatiful when spotless, terrible the other 90% of the time. I finally got the black car bug out of my system a few years ago, not doing that again.

Silver - I like silver, nothing holds up over time better or hides dirt and imperfections better but something about the Model 3 in silver looks a bit off.

Red - looks super, just a little too flashy though and as mentioned, hard to keep up.

White - toss up with blue, looks outstanding, current car is white though.

Blue, the longer I looked at the blue the more I liked it.. it’s not better than red or white but seems to fit the he car very well and might be the safest non boring color available. M3 looks better in blue than Model S.

So back to blue, would only change to white or red but don’t see either happening.

Lighting has a huge effect too. Saw an S under dimmer fluorescent lighting at a mall Tesla store and thought it looked superb, but under the bright outdoor sunshine, not so much.

I voted white just because the bumper color tones never matched the rest of the car. Maybe the $1,500 option fixed this. If that is fixed then Blue is the worst color for me. Black and blue never matches for me so the dark wheels and black interior will bother me. Red is a good color but I don't want to stand out in traffic.

Have to take back my words I guess. Saw a black with sport wheels this morning on my way to work and it looked great!! Probably obsidian Black. (It had a big scratch on the rear fender that was pretty obvious)

Also saw a silver yesterday...couldn’t even recognize it was a Model 3 :(

Reactions: drawfour
Personally, the wife and I always hate the silver, gray, black neutral colors. Plus, dark colors with clear coats and that mirror shine show dirt more readily. They can be beautiful when clean, but they're high maintenance. The Model 3 blue comes off a tad "purpley" to my eyes, in photos at least, so not my favorite shade of blue and it has that dark color strike. So, we were torn between red and white and I think it's sharp in both. Red with chrome accents comes across as sporty and the white with chrome comes across as classy. White also has the heat reflectivity thing going for it on an EV. There is already a red 3 locally and I do think the red draws a bit too much attention to itself, so the nod went to the white.

I really wish there had been the option for a cream/tan interior as I'm not a fan of black on the inside either.

Reactions: EVGhost3
I currently have a blue Audi S4. It looks fantastic when clean, but not for long, and every little scratch and swirl is easily seen. Really no better than my previous black vehicle.

I wanted a lower-maintenance color this time around; ended up going with MSM. I'm more or less neutral about the colors, but my wife prefers it, so...

• Love
Reactions: roguenode
I currently have a blue Audi S4. It looks fantastic when clean, but not for long, and every little scratch and swirl is easily seen. Really no better than my previous black vehicle.

I wanted a lower-maintenance color this time around; ended up going with MSM. I'm more or less neutral about the colors, but my wife prefers it, so...
I passed two MSM Model 3s today and they both looked good. Also passed a silver, a white, and a MC red. The ramp is real in my area.