Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the least attractive color for Model 3, from your observations?

What is the least attractive color for Model 3 you've seen in the wild?

• Pearl White Multi-Coat

Votes: 71 9.8%
  • Silver Metallic

Votes: 179 24.8%
  • Solid Black

Votes: 161 22.3%
  • Midnight Silver Metallic

Votes: 86 11.9%
  • Deep Blue Metallic

Votes: 71 9.8%
  • Red Metallic

Votes: 36 5.0%
  • I like them all

Votes: 119 16.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a red one and love it. My brother-in-law has a silver one and while I wouldn't have considered it, it is beautiful. Really shows the lines of the car. The white ones I've seen look far better than I expected them to. My least favorite, when seen in person, is black.

I normally like red cars. The RX-7, Dodge Viper, Acura NSX, and all ferraris all had beautiful reds.
The red tesla uses on the model 3 has a touch of burgundy in it, and looks REALLY burgundy under certain light conditions. Changes it from a sporty color to an old-man-car color. Wish it was just sporty red instead of "mature" red.

My personal opinion is that the "mature" colors are the non-colors (shades of grey). If you want a "youthful" color that pops, choose a color. Red or blue.

My personal opinion is that the "mature" colors are the non-colors (shades of grey). If you want a "youthful" color that pops, choose a color. Red or blue.
I prefer black cars. My teenagers and their teenage friends prefer black. My youngest coworker in his 20's prefers black. I don't think it's a youth thing to like darker colors. Maybe just the opposite. I've often wondered if it was a nerd thing to not like black cars. Black isn't very popular among Tesla owners. Black is the coolest color and maybe the nerds just aren't comfortable looking so damn cool.

• Funny
Reactions: SD_Engnr and ponzu
Interesting I saw a silver with the 19's and it looked great.

For me it's a toss up between white and silver. I like white better and I think white would be my choice if I could get a white interior, but with the black interior I think silver works for me. Silver won't show off dirt and shows off the lines well. I'm surprised to see it coming in last place here. Black is right out for me, shows all kinds of dirt, and it's hot, and the paint isn't multicoat.

Silver metallic should also hide swirls and rock chips, hard water spots better than other colors, especially dark ones.

I like MSM, Red and Blue, but they are not at all practical colors for the dusty area I live in, and could make the car harder to sell later (more neutral colors MSM, silver, white, are more acceptable to more people I think).

Interesting results. We were told when ordered that red and silver were the least ordered color for Tesla. But yet the poll shows that red is most attractive color and silver the least. Maybe most people just don't like the extreme ends of the spectrum.

I like MSM, Red and Blue, but they are not at all practical colors for the dusty area I live in, and could make the car harder to sell later (more neutral colors MSM, silver, white, are more acceptable to more people I think).

This always confused me. You're buying the car to enjoy driving for (presumably) years, not for the next owner. Shouldn't you get something that you really want instead of what's going to resell better? Think of it as an investment on your happiness so you don't look at the car everyday and regret you didn't get the blue one or red one.

Reactions: jsrawa
This always confused me. You're buying the car to enjoy driving for (presumably) years, not for the next owner. Shouldn't you get something that you really want instead of what's going to resell better? Think of it as an investment on your happiness so you don't look at the car everyday and regret you didn't get the blue one or red one.
Well from my person perspective, I don't care what color it is so long as it is not black :) So since all the rest are about the same silver makes the most sense :) If they had a darker red or blue that would be nice too.

My truck is red and the clear coat is now peeling on the roof, not sure I want a red vehicle again. I always wanted to try blue but not particularly attracted to tesla blue, not anymore so than white or light silver. I'm really leaning towards silver, but if I can get white seats I will get white.

Never know how long you will keep a car for, I have had my truck since 2005. But I have had 4 cars since then!

Well from my person perspective, I don't care what color it is so long as it is not black :) So since all the rest are about the same silver makes the most sense :) If they had a darker red or blue that would be nice too.

My truck is red and the clear coat is now peeling on the roof, not sure I want a red vehicle again. I always wanted to try blue but not particularly attracted to tesla blue, not anymore so than white or light silver. I'm really leaning towards silver, but if I can get white seats I will get white.

Never know how long you will keep a car for, I have had my truck since 2005. But I have had 4 cars since then!

Sorry, I think I should have made the tone of my reply a more generalized "you." Nothing directed to your personal situation specifically.

Peoples tastes vary. I really like the silver the best, then a toss up between red and blue for next. However my wife really dislikes the silver. MSM doesn't turn me on. Black is a PITA to keep clean. I've never been a big fan of pearl white. (Though I really like GMs Arctic White.) So our Model 3 will be red.

My first choice was Silver, but I couldn't justify the $1K extra. I got black instead. I took my car to service a few weeks ago and it sat next to a silver M3. The silver was just plain dull next to mine. I used the money for a tint job, mats, and Ceramic supplies. It really shines in the sun especially with CQuartz applied. I'm having a hard time taking my eyes off it. :)

Silver would be a close second choice for me. I originally ordered silver then paid $500 to change it to black after looking around and realizing my favorite car color was black. Dirty black cars don't really bother me. To me a dirty black car looks better than a clean white car. I did pay several thousand dollars to cover my car in PPF to make it easier to maintain though. A fool and his money are soon parted.

I’m not into the car wraps but the silver metallic with the stealth wrap looked pretty good in the Like Tesla video.

I’m surprised the silver is getting the most votes. Pictures don’t do it justice. The white also looks sharp in person. The pearl effects really pop in the sun. It would have been my choice if not for the bumper issue. I debated between red and silver and selected silver. I think it really shows the lines of the car and gives it an old school Aston Martin look.

I really wish Tesla offered some unique colors. One of my favorite colors of all time is the BMW Carbon Black. It looks awesome in the sun with that deep dark blue/purple reminiscent of the carbon paper my teachers used to use.