Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the least attractive color for Model 3, from your observations?

What is the least attractive color for Model 3 you've seen in the wild?

• Pearl White Multi-Coat

Votes: 71 9.8%
  • Silver Metallic

Votes: 179 24.8%
  • Solid Black

Votes: 161 22.3%
  • Midnight Silver Metallic

Votes: 86 11.9%
  • Deep Blue Metallic

Votes: 71 9.8%
  • Red Metallic

Votes: 36 5.0%
  • I like them all

Votes: 119 16.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was initially going to go black or blue, but after going to the showroom, I ended up opting for MSM. A couple of reasons... being here in Ohio, keeping anything other than grey/silver looking clean Nov-March is next to impossible. I love Blue on the Model S, but it didn't click for me on the 3. In person I liked MSM best.

Honestly, I wish there was an option to pick multiple colors and you get the first available when your order comes up in their system.

After seeing a newer red one, I actually understand the appeal. In bright sun it does look very sexy. I honestly would be happy with the silver I chose, white, or red, probably even blue. After over 2 years I almost wish it was a surprise.

I actually think a lot of people like red, but don't order it because people tend to be conservative colors and don't want to appear flashy. Disclaimer: I got red.

You are absolutely right. We got red as well. I had more than one person tell me that "don't go with red, it attracts cops giving tickets". Maybe, but most cars on the road are black, white, grey or blue - boring colors. RED is the most distinctive color of them all, and I don't worry about it being flashy.

This would be my wife....Red was her last pick. It was in my top 3.

When we went to the showroom to check out the colors before ordering the 3, there was a red Model S in the showroom. My husband thought the color was too flashy and almost wanted me to change my mind. But we got the red, and once we saw it in the delivery center, shiny red with the red and while background of the delivery center, I think we both fell in love!

Silver :) (pics from IG)..., looks so good I barely notice the red carpool stickers :p

IMG_3198.jpg
IMG_3199.jpg

I parked next to a silver 3 today and I can finally vote on my own poll. Now I have seen them all. There is a reason silvers are so rare.

Were I to do it all over again, I would have gotten red or blue. An extraordinary car should not be bought in an ordinary color. Those are for the squares.

I've seen Silver in the wild and love it. Getting Silver on white interior.

IMO all of the colors look good when sparkling clean. I've seen really beautiful reds. However I've been put off by seeing red/blue/msm which were less than sparkling parked at my office... they can look really really dull.

Last edited:
Reactions: roguenode
Just saw all of the colors in person at the local service center. Now I am torn. New least favorite color is MSM. I do still like silver I have on order, particularly with the exterior mods I'd make, but red looked great in person. Red with dark rims, dark tint, chrome delete and white interior is calling me.

Can we talk about this with wheel combos for a second? Originally was going to get the 19s, solely because the I thought the Aero's were hideous, and then I went with Silver because I like silver and it popped with the silver wheels. Now I've learned you can pull the aero off and have a slick looking dark rim underneath, with the added benefits of 1. Probably better ride quality 2. Better range with the covers on for long haul 3. Cheaper. But I don't think the silver with dark rims is a good look, so I've switched to MSM. Anyone disagree/think I can pull off silver with the dark rims?

Is point of thread to validate everyone’s very PERSONAL color choice? :)

Although silver is my least favorite 3 color it’s also a lot of people’s favorites.

It’s ordinary sure but there’s something to be said for easier color to repair and keep clean.

My solid Black took a beating as well. :D

I plan to matte wrap it. Some will like it.. some will think it looks like plastic primer.

Though I call crazy on anyone who doesn’t like MSM. :D

Is point of thread to validate everyone’s very PERSONAL color choice? :)
Though I call crazy on anyone who doesn’t like MSM. :D
The point of the thread is entertainment.

Even though it is said that disliking something because it is popular is just as bad as liking something because it is popular, that is exactly one reason I dislike MSM. Everyone likes it. We were crazy enough to get a Model 3, yet predictable enough to get the MSM.