Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the least attractive color for Model 3, from your observations?

What is the least attractive color for Model 3 you've seen in the wild?

• Pearl White Multi-Coat

Votes: 71 9.8%
  • Silver Metallic

Votes: 179 24.8%
  • Solid Black

Votes: 161 22.3%
  • Midnight Silver Metallic

Votes: 86 11.9%
  • Deep Blue Metallic

Votes: 71 9.8%
  • Red Metallic

Votes: 36 5.0%
  • I like them all

Votes: 119 16.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Silver leads by a wide margin as of this writing, but that's not why I stopped by.

I stopped by to report that I saw a white Model 3 with a front mounted black California plate. White was one of my original two most hated colors. In fact, this poll originally only had "Silver", "White" and "Other" as choices. The moderators did not think that was funny and changed the choices for me.

I have to say that the white Model 3 in question looked sharp, and I give credit to the front plate, specifically, a black one. Go figure. I think that lower "lip" -- or whatever people call the smooth grill-less downward slope of a Model 3 -- on a white looks bad. Lacks character, like someone with a weak jawline. I think the plate hides this flaw much as a well designed beard improves an unfortunate jaw.

Silver leads by a wide margin as of this writing, but that's not why I stopped by.

I stopped by to report that I saw a white Model 3 with a front mounted black California plate. White was one of my original two most hated colors. In fact, this poll originally only had "Silver", "White" and "Other" as choices. The moderators did not think that was funny and changed the choices for me.

I have to say that the white Model 3 in question looked sharp, and I give credit to the front plate, specifically, a black one. Go figure. I think that lower "lip" -- or whatever people call the smooth grill-less downward slope of a Model 3 -- on a white looks bad. Lacks character, like someone with a weak jawline. I think the plate hides this flaw much as a well designed beard improves an unfortunate jaw.

I actually have a custom black/yellow license plate on the way -- "TSLA 3LR" -- and I'm going back and forth on whether or not I mount it to the front bumper (stock mount), leave it off altogether, or get one of the two evannex mounts for a floating look.

This is for my White Model 3 that you deemed least attractive. Ironically, while Silver is indeed the most "hated" color, ALL other colors except Red, are currently more "hated" than White ;)

I actually have a custom black/yellow license plate on the way -- "TSLA 3LR" -- and I'm going back and forth on whether or not I mount it to the front bumper (stock mount), leave it off altogether, or get one of the two evannex mounts for a floating look.

This is for my White Model 3 that you deemed least attractive. Ironically, while Silver is indeed the most "hated" color, ALL other colors except Red, are currently more "hated" than White ;)
Yes, others are much more tolerant of white. In my humble opinion, you should mount the plates on a stock mount. Not something you can (easily) undo, so it would be nice to first find someone else's white Model 3 with black plates on a stock mount to confirm for yourself that it's a great idea.

I was going to choose the MSM as it looks great on the S and X, but I saw it on the 3 and thought it made it look like a whale at certain angles. The red/blue look awesome, but I'd never want that color personally. The white is ok, maybe best when clean and with tinted windows etc. The black would be my first choice if I had a butler that hand washed it for me daily. I chose the Silver Metallic because I actually don't want to stand out and it also shows the lines well, is less likely to show blemishes and marks etc. and looks much better on the 3 vrs the X and S.

I was going to choose the MSM as it looks great on the S and X, but I saw it on the 3 and thought it made it look like a whale at certain angles. The red/blue look awesome, but I'd never want that color personally. The white is ok, maybe best when clean and with tinted windows etc. The black would be my first choice if I had a butler that hand washed it for me daily. I chose the Silver Metallic because I actually don't want to stand out and it also shows the lines well, is less likely to show blemishes and marks etc. and looks much better on the 3 vrs the X and S.
I have had second thoughts on the MSM ever since I ordered.

I have MSM S, getting MSM 3. No regrets.

MSM and blue are best Tesla colors IMO (not that there is much to choose from, and now even less).

Almost got blue. 3rd choice would be silver with xpel stealth. 4th would be OBM with stealth.

MSM is an attractive color, there may be color blindness at play if it looks brown to anyone.

Just keep it clean. It’s next to red as the best color. :)

I agree with many of the posters here. When I first made the decision to order a Model 3 it was almost a no-brainer that I’d get MSM. We currently have two cars that are both what I’d classify as “charcoal”. I love the color on both. It’s a dark color that looks sharp and has metallic flakes that hide scratches and swirls. So when considering the model 3 I really just assumed MSM would be the color I ordered.

Then I saw one on the road. I was underwhelmed.

To me, it looked washed out (even on a sunny day) and somewhat brown.

At that point, I waffled between Blue and Black, but ultimately settled on plain black. I’m going to use the money I saved by getting black and apply it to a wrap to (hopefully) avoid the scratches and swirls that come with washing a black car 17 times a day to keep it looking clean.

Undoubtedly color is a personal decision, those are just my thoughts.

...I’m going to use the money I saved by getting black and apply it to a wrap to (hopefully) avoid the scratches and swirls that come with washing a black car 17 times a day to keep it looking clean.

Same plan here, already have an appointment (after my 9/29 delivery) at a detailer for front end wrap, ceramic and window tinting for not TOO much more than a non-black color would have cost.

I agree with many of the posters here. When I first made the decision to order a Model 3 it was almost a no-brainer that I’d get MSM. We currently have two cars that are both what I’d classify as “charcoal”. I love the color on both. It’s a dark color that looks sharp and has metallic flakes that hide scratches and swirls. So when considering the model 3 I really just assumed MSM would be the color I ordered.

Then I saw one on the road. I was underwhelmed.

To me, it looked washed out (even on a sunny day) and somewhat brown.

At that point, I waffled between Blue and Black, but ultimately settled on plain black. I’m going to use the money I saved by getting black and apply it to a wrap to (hopefully) avoid the scratches and swirls that come with washing a black car 17 times a day to keep it looking clean.

Undoubtedly color is a personal decision, those are just my thoughts.

The color itself is not bad it just doesn't seem to work well with the body lines of the smaller 3. I think MSM looks much better on model S than 3 just like I think that DBM and red look much better on Model 3 than S.

Four colors in one shot on a beautifully rainy day that showcased the rainbow sunroofs!

upload_2019-5-27_21-3-2.png

Least attractive color is grey. Grey is the color things turn when they get old. Blends with every other bland car on the road. A grey car can look somewhat decent with neon green, orange, blue or yellow brake calipers to give it a nice pop.

The only true color available is Red

Every other selection is greyscale. Even the blue is bland. Elon said his favorite color is blue. I'm surprised there is not a nice bright true blue available

I'll be getting a black Model 3 but I'll be adding tasteful color complimentary mods to it short term and then I'll get it entirely wrapped a truly unique color down the line

Every other selection is greyscale. Even the blue is bland. Elon said his favorite color is blue. I'm surprised there is not a nice bright true blue available

Variety is the enemy of commonality.

Commonality allows better economy of scale and maximization of production.

Tesla’s main issue is lack of blackout package for the chrome.

I like my “bland blue”.

E4556659-ED5F-4B11-A04A-08DFB6D0B55A.jpeg