Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the Official Tesla Alcoholic Cocktail? Non-Alcoholic version?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pollux

Supporting Member
Hi,

My wife and I are going to be serving cocktails (and awesome food, live music, etc.) to 200-300 people at the end of September for a party/fundraiser that involves a ton of Tesla owners and fans.

The question is: what is the signature cocktail associated with Tesla? A boilermaker? A Rob Roy? I'm the next best thing to a teetotaler and have no idea about alcohol in general or cocktails in specific.

I need some help with this! Please tell me what you think the signature Tesla cocktail would be, and why.

Thanks,
Alan

P.S. Party details for folks in the New England region and/or folks willing to travel to join us:
Big Party for Tesla owners, fans, environmentalists legislators / fundraiser

Ok. I'll try:

Elon Bomb
Bourbon, Lemon Juice, Hard Cider, Maple Syrup, Cayenne Pepper

P85D (Red)
Pernod liqueur
Clyde Mays Conecuh Ridge Bourbon (85 proof)
Sour Cherries
What's the "D" for: "D"esignated driver.

DUI (Drive Unit Inspection)
Bourbon, Lime, Ginger Ale

Hi,

My wife and I are going to be serving cocktails (and awesome food, live music, etc.) to 200-300 people at the end of September for a party/fundraiser that involves a ton of Tesla owners and fans.

The question is: what is the signature cocktail associated with Tesla? A boilermaker? A Rob Roy? I'm the next best thing to a teetotaler and have no idea about alcohol in general or cocktails in specific.

I need some help with this! Please tell me what you think the signature Tesla cocktail would be, and why.

Thanks,
Alan

P.S. Party details for folks in the New England region and/or folks willing to travel to join us:
Big Party for Tesla owners, fans, environmentalists legislators / fundraiser

Why it has to be Tesla "T"ea of course. It would be like a long Island Tea except with a little more Juice! :biggrin:

VERY good, cpa!

I would say that, as a nod to Nikola T's heritage, it ought to be something with slivovitz, aka šljivovica, the Serbian national weaning-juice (a damson plum brandy).

250px-Various_Bottles_of_Slivovitz.jpg

The Treehouse Restaurant in Mt. Shasta, CA has the following drink on their menu (and there is a Supercharger in the hotel/restaurant's parking lot):

Tesla Charger $9
this combo features moscato wine plus raspberryand vanilla vodka, served with an intense sidecar of curacao infused red bull giving this drink an electric boost

PDF (look on page 2): http://media.wix.com/ugd/283806_f1401b85a5a4488e8da52c5d1587ccc3.pdf

LOL!!

I'd make a drink with 4 cl of rum or vodka, then add 20 cl of battery electrolyte. Serve in wide glass with the rim sprinkled with Lithium salt. I'd call this drink "a Voltage".

- - - Updated - - -

More LOL!!!!

I'd call it the "release date" and make it sweet, but very bitter with a delayed kick. :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

@Zextraterrestrial (and others), I know you're gonna laugh when I ask questions like this, but as someone who has never made it past a half beer, I really don't know...

Is this a real thing that people might actually like? Is it actually possible to infuse a drink with nitrous oxide?

^^ouch!

I was thinking more along the lines of something with redbull.
maybe a vodka-redbull infused with nitrous oxide
make you smile and feel like you are doing insane launches! :tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

OK, these sound like things that could be made. Would people like them? Would they be suitable for drinks at a party that is going to be on a Saturday (Sep 26), 4-7 p.m., i.e., afternoon/early evening?

Ok. I'll try:

Elon Bomb
Bourbon, Lemon Juice, Hard Cider, Maple Syrup, Cayenne Pepper

P85D (Red)
Pernod liqueur
Clyde Mays Conecuh Ridge Bourbon (85 proof)
Sour Cherries
What's the "D" for: "D"esignated driver.

DUI (Drive Unit Inspection)
Bourbon, Lime, Ginger Ale

- - - Updated - - -

OK, I've actually heard of a Long Island Ice Tea. :) Whew. OK!

Why it has to be Tesla "T"ea of course. It would be like a long Island Tea except with a little more Juice! :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Huh! OK!

Electric blue lemonade

1 oz vodka
1 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
2 oz sweet and sour mix
2 oz lemon-lime soda

- - - Updated - - -

Nice, I like the heritage nod!

VERY good, cpa!

I would say that, as a nod to Nikola T's heritage, it ought to be something with slivovitz, aka šljivovica, the Serbian national weaning-juice (a damson plum brandy).

View attachment 90950

- - - Updated - - -

Wow!

The Treehouse Restaurant in Mt. Shasta, CA has the following drink on their menu (and there is a Supercharger in the hotel/restaurant's parking lot):

Tesla Charger $9
this combo features moscato wine plus raspberryand vanilla vodka, served with an intense sidecar of curacao infused red bull giving this drink an electric boost

PDF (look on page 2): http://media.wix.com/ugd/283806_f1401b85a5a4488e8da52c5d1587ccc3.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

Is this a real alcohol thing? Even if not, this could be a great name for a drink.

Love these ideas... The Wife thinks we should have a Cocktail Menu and offer *all* of them. (Plus ones I just got from a posting on teslamotors.com.)

A friend of ours from a younger generation is helping plan the party... and I am confident she has some friends willing to help her out. So I think we're going to ask her to thoroughly research these ideas, and report back with recommendations, up to and including, "all of them". :)

Electric blue lemonade

1 oz vodka
1 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
2 oz sweet and sour mix
2 oz lemon-lime soda

A number of people are graciously lending their time and effort to help my wife and I with this party/fundraiser. One young lady is helping us engage legislators, arrange various aspects of the party, and generally greasing the skids. She has taken up the Tesla Cocktail Menu problem with complete dedication. Herewith:

2015-08-20 Electric Blue Lemonade.jpg

@Zextraterrestrial (and others), I know you're gonna laugh when I ask questions like this, but as someone who has never made it past a half beer, I really don't know...

Is this a real thing that people might actually like? Is it actually possible to infuse a drink with nitrous oxide?

Some friends and I were pondering this possibility for a while in college. The key is solubility in water. Carbon dioxide is a good baseline to use, as there are already plenty of carbonated beverages for comparison.

Here's a link to the solubility of a variety of gases (though not N[SUB]2[/SUB]O) in water as a function of temperature:
http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/gases-solubility-water-d_1148.html

This also explains why bubbly drinks go flat if they warm up too much. Note that for CO[SUB]2[/SUB] it is typically around 2g for 1 kg of water (1 kg of water is 1 liter). A quick search shows that N[SUB]2[/SUB]O is about as soluble in water as CO[SUB]2[/SUB], however in an 8 oz. drink, the amount would not be enough to have an effect. It would just be the psychology of knowing that it's nitrous.

A number of people are graciously lending their time and effort to help my wife and I with this party/fundraiser. One young lady is helping us engage legislators, arrange various aspects of the party, and generally greasing the skids. She has taken up the Tesla Cocktail Menu problem with complete dedication. Herewith:

View attachment 91285

Well it looks beautiful. How did it taste?