Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the one feature you would like to see added to the Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) Return of V10 interface - not burying wipers and seat heaters in menu structure
2) Reliable heat pump in cold weather
3) Actually functional auto wiper controls with user-adjustable sensitivity for proper function in mist/drizzle and light rain
4) Apple CarPlay / Android Play
5) Less sloppy handling / better suspension (terrible when compared to M3)
6) Conventional roof/ sunroof with easy to mount ski racks
7) Return of advanced autopilot option w/ assisted freeway lane change and freeway navigate on autopilot instead of FSD vaporware (my M3 has AAP)
8) 400 mile battery range
9) HUD

What differences are you looking for in the cruise control?
Myself and many others on these forums would like to have "dumb" cruise that just locks the car at your designated speed like an old fashioned cruise control. Many people find issues with autopilot in certain situations and would like to just have the car run at a set speed without changing.

I actually never really had an issue with autopilot, but I did find a specific use case for dumb cruise yesterday. I was driving on the highway while it was snowing and autopilot is basically not operable because it either can't see the lines on the road due to snow coverage or the wipers go crazy thinking the snow is rain. I would have liked dumb cruise to lock the speed in that situation instead of having to lock it with my own foot.

Reactions: Brian-MS90D
Safety features which work:
- lane departure warnings which work all the time,
- a mirror based blind spot monitor,
- crash alert which works reliably and in advance of a crash, not after.

Lane departure saved me from an accident, but in a rented Toyota not my Tesla Y. Most times, my Y doesn’t alert me I’m going over a well marked lane so it’s pretty useless. Blind spot warning is in my other car, and I find this invaluable. Would be nice to have this in the Y. The crash alert failed to warn me of a slow down in front of me which resulted in a $7500 fender bender.

Screw the games. Give me a safer car.

Reactions: GadgetGary
Apple CarPlay.

By far my biggest gripe with my Y.. is still the infotainment system. It is unacceptable. Every time I have to reach in my pocket, pull out my phone, open an app on the phone, scroll through selections on the phone and then click to play it on my freaking phone.. all to get streaming audio to work in my $50K Tesla it is unacceptable. There should be no reason I need to physically touch my phone when driving my vehicle. Never had to do it in my 2018 CRV with CarPlay.. absolutely stupid I have to do it in my 2021 Model Y.

And no. I'm not going to pay $10 to Tesla every month for premium connectivity.. then another $10 to Spotify every month for premium music plans.. just to stream music in my car. Especially not when I already have premium subscriptions to Apple Music, Youtube Music, and SiriusXM.. thanks to other plans shared within my family. I would literally trade my Y for a newer EV that already supports CarPlay (like Ioniq5 or Audi Q4 Etron).. before I spend another $20/month in needless streaming fees.

Dont even get me started on Waze.

Last edited:
Myself and many others on these forums would like to have "dumb" cruise that just locks the car at your designated speed like an old fashioned cruise control. Many people find issues with autopilot in certain situations and would like to just have the car run at a set speed without changing.

I actually never really had an issue with autopilot, but I did find a specific use case for dumb cruise yesterday. I was driving on the highway while it was snowing and autopilot is basically not operable because it either can't see the lines on the road due to snow coverage or the wipers go crazy thinking the snow is rain. I would have liked dumb cruise to lock the speed in that situation instead of having to lock it with my own foot.
So I guess you’ve had issues with Phantom braking? Because you can turn on the TACC without using lane assist. I’ve only experienced phantom breaking once, When the system got confused by a car on an overpass, but otherwise hasn’t been an issue for me.