Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the one feature you would like to see added to the Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the infotainment system. It is unacceptable. Every time I have to reach in my pocket, pull out my phone, open an app on the phone, scroll through selections on the phone and then click to play it on my freaking phone.. all to get streaming audio to work in my $50K Tesla
I got an Amazon Echo Auto for my Y: “Alexa, play Pandora Wilco” and I get steaming music without having to take my eyes off the road.

It would be nice to have CarPlay for Waze and other Apple apps, but the Echo Auto works great for streaming music.

Here’s another one: illumination around the driver door handle. Every night in the winter I’ve got to poke around to find the door handle in a dark parking lot, with a heavy backpack in one hand so I can’t pull out my phone. I normally unlock my car remotely but can’t find the door handle in the dark. And it’s worse with winter gloves on. Illuminating the door handle would be awesome.

Reactions: Daekwan and Bikeman
Here’s another one: illumination around the driver door handle. Every night in the winter I’ve got to poke around to find the door handle in a dark parking lot, with a heavy backpack in one hand so I can’t pull out my phone. I normally unlock my car remotely but can’t find the door handle in the dark. And it’s worse with winter gloves on. Illuminating the door handle would be awesome.
Yeah, I have fingerprints all over my door becuase I can't see the door handles in the dark... My other car illuminates the ground and the door handles, so I never noticed this was an issue until I got the Y.

Someone said hand's free rear hatch opening up above.
Couldn't they do that pretty easily with the bluetooth unlock plus use a gesture in the rear camera? Or just block it for 5 seconds or something ? And/or some rear proximity sensors? Make you do a dance or something? Twerking. Make me Twerk to open. Right up Elon's alley.

• Funny
Reactions: JoeT21MY
I would be happy with simple cruise control on my new MY without constant phantom braking…
Not only should that be ridiculously easy to implement.. practically every vehicle I've driven with Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) already has this ability. Just used it in my wife's ID.4 this week.. one press button to switch between adaptive and traditional cruise control.

Reactions: Tha_Ape
Having had the car for over a year and a half now, I can say that some of the things I wish I had the most are: ventilated seating (black seats can get hot and sticky in Texas summers), although the pre-conditioning of the car helps, I have to remember to do that. It would be really nice if we could get a set of customizable short cuts to functions on the center display. They kind of did this in the most recent UI update but it would be nice to take it a step further. I would also like to see the windshield wiper controls reworked. The automatic setting just doesn't work well and it would be good to have a quick, easy way to adjust them and have more options than the current settings. I wish there was a truly adjustable intermittent setting. A heads up display would be nice, but I've gotten used to the center display, so that isn't a high priority.

How about bigger (or adjustable font sizes)? With the current UI, the clock is so tiny, and is often light grey on white... I'm pretty sure the clock is rendered in the smallest size of any car I've ever been in. By the very least, they should make the top bar have a black background. Most of the time, the background is white, and most of the fonts are grey.