Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the one thing you really hate about Model 3?

What is the one thing you really hate about Model 3?

• Charging anxiety

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Noise level

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • Bumpy ride on bad roads

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Software bugs

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Fit and finish

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Phone failing to communicate/unlock

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • Wish I had gotten Autopilot or another feature

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wrong color

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • There's too many of them now, and it will only get worse

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Nothing, it's a perfect car

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • Other

Votes: 13 14.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right. I insisted on a dial for my cell phone: It's what I grew up with, and I can't change. And somehow I survived 60 years of driving without a "bird's eye view". We were taught to turn our heads and look. I've never had a car with a camera before Tesla.

Fobs have always been expensive. About $200 for the fob, and about $200 for programming it. That's the NOT crazy price. Most of us old timers learn to go with the times and learn how to do new things. I've never heard of people insisting that Toyota or Ford build their cars any certain way. Amazing.
Lol, the camera is already there, it’s convenient. Especially in tight parking situations in the city. Maybe you like to go back 60 years and drive cars as old, I really don’t care.

Insist on building things that work well. This keyless phone crap doesn’t work well.

• Disagree
Reactions: Pkmmte
It’s not needed, but nice to have, like rear view cameras. Many cars have it as an option. Tesla’s already have cameras all over, pretty neat to have.

IIRC folks have mentioned the placement/height/angle on the Model 3 cameras makes a true overhead/360 view impossible... which sucks as indeed I don't find it "necessary" but it's very nice on the cars I've driven that had it.

To me the things I dislike are....well, think about when you are watching some really great historical film and suddenly you notice a dude in the back has sneakers on... it yanks you out of the moment.

Teslas are like that when you're enjoying no gasoline, no engine noise, instant torque, super responsive touch screen...and heck the car is steering itself, slowing down/speeding up with traffic... you feel like you're LIVING IN THE FUTURE...

and then you realize it can't figure out how to resume a song you were playing via USB like 10 year old cars can (and you're only playing via USB because it can't play from your phone when plugged in, or via carplay/AA, again like years older cars can).... or handle multiple waypoints in nav like a 15 year old Garmin, or...yeah, the key thing where 10+ year old fobs or smartkey credit cards worked 100% reliably from a distance without ever coming out of your pocket... It yanks you out of the moment.

Reactions: Tforme
The media player for me, is IMO garbage. I don’t get why I can’t plug my phone in or use my iPod classic. Lack of AM/Xm radio is a bummer for me as well. Cooled seats would have been nice too. No oh sh*t handles to grab while driving stinks too. No sunglasses holder. Don’t want to be negative tho because I love the car, and everyone who’s been in my car loved it too.

On another note my 2 week old 3 is in the shop to have some repairs done and they gave me a model S loaner and I gotta say the model 3 is a better car. An AWD or P version of the 3 has got to amazing and leaves very few reasons to purchase the S. Sorta wish I held out for AWD myself

Apart from design choices that, well, no manufacturer is going to get a 100% right ever since every owner will have a slightly different perspective and needs based on geography/climate/personal tolerances/etc, I think the most important missing feature in my opinion is true blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic detection. It’s amazing to think that they created arguably one of the most decent autopilot systems around in a highly advanced vehicle in so many ways but I just can’t imagine them sitting in a room and deciding against safety features that are probably available in most Toyota’s and Honda’s now over convenience features that can always be added later.

It’s actually slightly embarrassing to admit that when showing friends how amazing this car is but lacks such basic features at the same time - kind of mars its credibility in a way.

Definitely the bouncy ride. I am not sure if I actually have a problem or it's just the sporty suspension, but even fairly smooth roads leave me bouncing in my seat quite a bit. My VIN is 23xxx so it should have the new suspension, but I am also surprised more people aren't complaining about this. My tire PSI is ~44.

Anyone else have a very bouncy ride?

Mine is defiantly bumpy when the road isn’t smooth. On a smooth road though it is fine.

Ha Ha - I like this survey.

1. too dam fast.
2. looks too dam good
3. I have to remember all my favorite songs name and artist so I can tell it to play that songs.
4. Everyone is trying to race with me.
5. I had to re-train my driving habit. Closing distance in a heart beat.
6. Have to park far away so no one can hit or scratch my car.
7. I can't sell my food when it's in the Frunk
8. There's no sounds and you can creep up behind someone and honk your horn.
9. I missed going to the gas station
10. I can not longer use my oli change coupon.
11. Have to figure out what to do with the grocery store's customer rewards discount on fuel.

Brainstorm idea: Developing pyromania, buying gasoline by the jerry can, and spending weekends creating huge fireballs in my back yard.

Ha Ha - I like this survey.

1. too dam fast.
2. looks too dam good
3. I have to remember all my favorite songs name and artist so I can tell it to play that songs.
4. Everyone is trying to race with me.
5. I had to re-train my driving habit. Closing distance in a heart beat.
6. Have to park far away so no one can hit or scratch my car.
7. I can't sell my food when it's in the Frunk
8. There's no sounds and you can creep up behind someone and honk your horn.
9. I missed going to the gas station
10. I can not longer use my oli change coupon.

To answer the OP....I hate the fact that it allows for a thread listing what people hate.

There are more than enough hate lists going around in every day life...

Thanks for twisting the thread around @Quickstart88.

OK, finally found 1 thing that annoys me about my Model 3.....I am moderately tall (6'2") and the comfortable seating distance/height of the driver seats puts my left knee right on the door pull handle...and it is uncomfortable and hard as hell....if the dead pedal was further back it would be a non-issue....but that dead pedal seems kind of close.

OK, finally found 1 thing that annoys me about my Model 3.....I am moderately tall (6'2") and the comfortable seating distance/height of the driver seats puts my left knee right on the door pull handle...and it is uncomfortable and hard as hell....if the dead pedal was further back it would be a non-issue....but that dead pedal seems kind of close.

Why not push the seat back and adjust steering wheel telescope toward you more to give your dead Pedal a further reach.