TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What IS the problem? (Model 3 delivery poll)

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Linda Yee, Jul 22, 2018.

?

Did you have a Model 3 delivery delay in Texas and if so, for what reason?

1. No Delay

61.5%
  2. Firmware/Other Electronics Delay

7.7%
  3. Other Issues (please be specific)

30.8%
  1. Linda Yee

Linda Yee New Member

Hello...I drove a Model 3 two weeks ago and fell hopeless in love with it. I really, really want to order one right now, but I've got friends telling me I'm crazy to even think about buying a Tesla because of delivery delays and quality problems. I'm in Texas and am hearing a LOT of this. If you've had a Model 3 delivery or delay, I'd appreciate your thoughts and responses. Thanks so much!

2. Shizzrock

Shizzrock Member

3. Stacks

Stacks Member

Yeah this is just fodder for the oh so friendly Mark B. Spiegel. He’ll post a picture of the poll and say something like “LOL Subsidy Fraud boy can’t make cars”.

4. SpiceWare

SpiceWare Member

Don't fall for the short's FUD

5. rluciano

rluciano Member

If you are in Texas, you might want to have that as your location. I would say update your location, but since you just joined today and this is your first post. I call you out for spreading FUD.

6. PeterHG

PeterHG Member

The problem is that many are afraid that their ICE world is going away, especially in oil-based places such as Texas. As I'm sure you've read, Teslas have very good quality overall. The delivery issue will be known at the time you order the car. Therefore, there is no problem.

7. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

How many of your friends really know what they are talking about? Or are they just reading the various news articles that seem to pop up every few days?

8. Matt L

Matt L Member

I recommend new friends

• Like x 4
  9. Boourns

Boourns Active Member

There was a bit of a bottleneck with the first wave of deliveries in Feb./March, due I think to logistics, but all is well now. See the Texas Hold Up thread in the Texas forum.