Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the real story on delivery delays?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have been watching the model Y wiki delivery tracker spreadsheet. Nothing has basically been delivered in a several weeks. I have a Model Y Performance on order and when I ordered it it the estimation was 2-4 weeks and that was April 23rd. From that spreadsheet and yes I do realize that this is only for people participating in the spreadsheet results it looks like there are still some people waiting from late March.

So my thoughts here are that since Tesla has removed the radar from all model 3 and model y cars that the software is simply not ready. I have also watched various youtubers describe autopilot getting worse and not better and my though here is even cars with radar may have their radar reduced or even disabled in some circumstances in the testing phase of autopilot which would explain why various things seem worse to them.

My thinking here is the software is simply not ready for new cars without radar. So we all pretty much know that Tesla is famous for pushing deliveries at the end of each quarter and my fear here is the software simply is not ready and even though the quarter ends next month that they might not be ready to deliver new model 3 and model y cars in time for the end of the quarter and we may be waiting in to next quarter.

Has anyone received a model 3 or model y WITHOUT radar yet? I have not read anyone's story with a vehicle without radar so I am thinking none are out in the wild as of yet. I have read people getting VIN numbers and having to okay the change with no radar. I have not gotten that far in the process yet.

So will those of us on the waiting list actually receive their model 3 and model y by the end of the quarter? I remain patient but skeptical. My Tesla advisor said yesterday that my date in their computer is still next week but I really doubt that will happen. My date in my tesla account says 3-5 weeks today. Which interesting enough is the same it shows if you went to buy a new model Y today.

I know they were waiting for a software update that supposedly was released less then a week ago but has anyone taken delivery since that update or did they simply push that update out to the existing fleet for testing?

People have been getting radarless cars, and there have been videos posted. I'm following @spleck on twitter for his updates.

No one except for Tesla themselves know for sure. Speculation is radar shortage. Maybe we'll know in the next earnings call or June 3rd during delivery event.
That is good to know. There are a lot of MYLR's waiting for delivery on that spreadsheet but not many MYP. Good to know they are being delivered. Ill search harder for information from owners who have a radarless car.

From what I read, when I still had an MYP on order, it seems the MYPs are done typically at the end of the production run. I had ordered in mid-May and was down to a 2-4 week window on my MYP when I bailed because my wife hated the rough ride. I wasn't thrilled about the radar removal either to be honest. Closely following this one as we have a MY LR on order now.

I might cancel my order since I ordered MYLR on May 13th and until yesterday the delivery date showed end of this month but today it’s showing August which is Q3.
My previous car has been totaled and that’s the reason I might cancel my order.

Reactions: Radish11