Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the REAL time to delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of large corporations with great customer service:

Nordstrom
Apple
Amazon
Southwest
Chick-fil-A
Starbucks
Disney

More than that...

Of course there are multiple facets to estimating manufacturing/delivery but other companies can do it and regularly do. So....why can't the richest company in the world???

Unless they just don't care to...

Reactions: mwdietertg
I could totally understand being seen as an unreasonable customer if it wasn't well documented that adding a program to a car didn't get you immediate delivery. Or if buying the most expensive thing they make didn't get you immediate delivery (like a Russian oligarch). 🙄

Really? Every car dealer has a support number you can call. Every car dealer has a nearby location you can visit to discuss your problems. Every car dealer values customer loyalty.

In Tesla‘s case, unfortunately for us, people are lined up to order their cars inspite of Tesla’s total lack of customer service. Many are in for a rude awakening. Tesla will not change until we see real competition in the EV space. And so, for now, Tesla cars are for people who consider themselves to be early adopters, who are willing to put up with this.
Tesla has no dealers. Only Sales Assistants and Delivery Centers and they get paid a wage with no significant sales incentive.

The dealer model is way different. Your salesperson gets incentive pay. The dealer (until recently, anyway) takes a loss on the car because they want you to come back for maintenance and repair work. I got every one of my Subarus cheap for the last decade plus and every one of the dealerships still send me emails to bring my car in for this and that. Almost daily.

So, yeah the dealership model has someone who is personally invested in you. And you pay for that over and above the cost of the car.

Yes, other dealers care about you personally.

1650132360164.png

I need to make some tough decisions today that may include giving up on Tesla. It's been 6 months and have recently lost my second 10-14 day EDD.

Is there any idea at this point what the REAL wait time is to delivery? It's obviously NOT 6 months anymore.

What is it? 8 months? 10? 12?

I can stretch things another month (maybe 2) but have to return my lease today so not sure what to do...

Does Tesla monitor this forum at all? Do they even care to help people in situations like this?
I ordered a MY a few weeks ago with the only upgrades as paint color and hitch. Estimated delivery was Oct. They called me 2 days later and offered me a MY. Many people are not taking deliveries now (hoping for new tax rebate, waiting for 4680s, or ordering and trying to sell reservation for a profit) so defiantly ask your Sales Advisor.

I ordered a MY a few weeks ago with the only upgrades as paint color and hitch. Estimated delivery was Oct. They called me 2 days later and offered me a MY. Many people are not taking deliveries now (hoping for new tax rebate, waiting for 4680s, or ordering and trying to sell reservation for a profit) so defiantly ask your Sales Advisor.
You are one of the lucky ones. Most likely someone else backed out of an order for an already built car that matched the one you ordered and the SA at the delivery center matched that incoming vehicle with your order. I ordered back in Sept., a MY-LR. No holds, cash sale, no trade. Only option is Blue exterior. It's now been 7 months and my EDD it still 3 to 4 months away.

Reactions: dodukes
GMan, did you order an MYLR or an MYP?

Do they even care to help people in situations like this?

I can answer this.
When I am ready to take delivery, I will not want to be pushed back in line by you, and even less by people who use your excuse.

You will have to deal with delivery delays just like the rest of us. That said, you may wish to look into extending your lease on a monthly basis. Sometimes it is allowed.

I need to make some tough decisions today that may include giving up on Tesla. It's been 6 months and have recently lost my second 10-14 day EDD.

Is there any idea at this point what the REAL wait time is to delivery? It's obviously NOT 6 months anymore.

What is it? 8 months? 10? 12?

I can stretch things another month (maybe 2) but have to return my lease today so not sure what to do...

Does Tesla monitor this forum at all? Do they even care to help people in situations like this?
I have been waiting since July. Whenever I call I feel like I am taking with robots no personality

Having dealt with customers for 30 years, I would never give an exact time to finish something that I was not 100 percent that i could finish at that time.
Regardless of the reason the job wasn't done, they would inevitably explode, losing all rationality, even when circumstances were completely out of my control. The process is frustrating, but I under why it is the way it is.

Reactions: Memelord and DrGriz