Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the REAL time to delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least Tesla has options to speed things up like getting the MYP or adding FSD. If you wanted to get a Mach-E they are done for the year, you need to fight a dealer for any leftovers.
On the legacy auto’s local dealer websites . They will say they have inventory on there lot. But when you go there. It is empty. You can’t even test drive.

Reactions: BGOwner
Yes, you hit the jackpot, timewise.
I didn’t take that vehicle when it was offered because I needed to sell my current Tesla. Before I placed the order, the SA and I discussed that I may be offered a vehicle early and would be under no penalty if I didn’t accept. I have sold my vehicle and have cash now, so we will see if the jackpot is still open.

Reactions: DrGriz
I've been renting the past month. My EDD just got pushed out another month. I'm hopeful but who knows. If you have had a 10-14 day window I'd expect you've been assigned a vin.

You've probably already contacted your SA, what do they say? Seems like once you get past the 30-day window you've actually been assigned a vehicle so if it were me I'd hold out a few more weeks.
The same thing happened to me today, my mood is not in its best state, my EDD was for May 9 and now it's June 16, I've been in this for 4 months, every time it's close to the date everything changes

Reactions: mrazndead
Really? Every car dealer has a support number you can call. Every car dealer has a nearby location you can visit to discuss your problems. Every car dealer values customer loyalty.

In Tesla‘s case, unfortunately for us, people are lined up to order their cars inspite of Tesla’s total lack of customer service. Many are in for a rude awakening. Tesla will not change until we see real competition in the EV space. And so, for now, Tesla cars are for people who consider themselves to be early adopters, who are willing to put up with this.
I think all dealers are affected. I'm still waiting on my Model Y and thats ok. I think that Tesla should cancel orders where people put their car on hold because it messes things up. Also we are taking in our other vehicle, an Acura for warranty work which will take 1-2 weeks, and the Acura dealer says they will Uber me back home. No shuttle anymore, and no loaner vehicles so I think its everywhere now.

I also get pushed back three time even with FSD. I understood there is disruptions. But I think better viz of how many customer is waiting in front of me will help a lot and earn more trust and help us to plan. What's annoying is not the waiting time and the uncertainty.

My MY-LR5 is now estimated to be delivered later this month and if that schedule actually holds it will have been 8 months since it ordered it. I have had no holds and completed the profile when I placed the order - cash sale, no trade and only option was Blue exterior color.