TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What is the size of your TSLA portfolio ?

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by lklundin, Jun 27, 2018.

?

TSLA portfolio size ?

1. 0 (no shares)

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  2. 1 to 99 LONG

8 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. 1 to 99 SHORT

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 100 to 999 LONG

16 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. 100 to 999 SHORT

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. 1000 to 9999 LONG

14 vote(s)
    21.9%
  7. 1000 to 9999 SHORT

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 10000 to 99999 LONG

7 vote(s)
    10.9%
  9. 10000 to 99999 SHORT

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I am Elon Musk

12 vote(s)
    18.8%
  11. I am Jim Chanos

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  12. I am Mark BS a.k.a. 0 and I wish I had not been SHORT TSLA

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. lklundin

lklundin Active Member

All options should be covered. If you feel this question is too personal, then consider not participating...

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. Boomer19

Boomer19 Supporting Member

is this in $ amounts? it doesn’t include the value of our options positions

3. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

My Moderator hat is OFF.

As an utterly strict rule, I very strongly urge no one to participate in this poll. There is absolutely nothing that can be learned from it, from a statistical sampling point of view, and all sorts of things that can be learned from it, from a nefarious internet lurker point of view.

This is a really bad idea.

*Exception: If you fit one of the last two categories, post away!

• Helpful x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

100-999 shares @ 400 a piece next week is a HUGE RANGE.

That's like either one base Model 3 worth or one of every Tesla including the 2020 Roadster with SpaceX package.

5. donauker

donauker Member

I expect the top of this range will insufficient for only the 202? Roadster with SpaceX package.

You are already far past that point with the original Roadster, a P100D, an X100 and a P3!

6. neroden

neroden Model S Owner and Frustrated Tesla Fan

I AM SPARTACUS ELON MUSK

7. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Not posting at TMC after 9/17/2018

This belongs on r/wallstreetbets not on TMC, especially given the last few poll choices.

r/wallstreetbets

8. defc0n

defc0n Member

Whichever one is the “I’m poor” option

9. nwdiver

nwdiver Active Member

WOW; Never knew 'Elon Musk' was such a common name... :)

10. UnknownSoldier

UnknownSoldier Unknown Member

What a coincidence, that's my name too!

Well I mean the last 3 options are safe to vote for... You don't need to completely not participate!

11. lklundin

lklundin Active Member

Now that I and hopefully others have had some fun with this and learned that TMC members' TSLA portfolio sizes probably span several orders of magnitude and that the Shorts keep a low profile here, I wanted to clarify what thoughts I had on this poll prior to making it. As a state trained assassin and saboteur who went for an IT-career, I think I can be nefarious with the best of them, in IT-matters and otherwise. My main concern was that people typically are honest in polls like this, so the voting had to be anonymous (except to TMC technical admins and anyone who has compromised TMC!). Also, in regulated countries were Tesla owners and stock holders roam, the criminal mind is per definition irrational (except maybe in those who have reached the level where they try to bankrupt a 60 billion-dollar company). So the information offered had to provide very little actionable information, i.e. portfolio size specified only to within one order of magnitude, and very large sizes lumped together with a not-so-large one. So a trade of shares fitting into of one the above limited-size-entries should not be able to influence the stock price. Also, unlike a forum dedicated to e.g. gold bullion ownership, ownership of stock that for larger holdings may sit in a tax-deferred fund or otherwise be difficult to liquidate, should be unlikely to attract the attention of a would be burglar, robber or ransom-seeking kidnapper. In fact, my main concern was that someone monitoring the poll from the beginning would observe the first entry made and assume it (possibly correctly) to be made by myself. But that could after all only be to the disadvantage of myself.

So while I agree that one should not expose specific details regarding one's wealth and private matters in general to the entire world for all eternity, I remain convinced that this poll is harmless. But as stated initially, everyone should make up their own mind in regard to this.

Thank you to all who contributed here.

• Informative x 1
  12. Unicorn3

Unicorn3 Member

long tesla for sure