Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the size of your TSLA portfolio ?

TSLA portfolio size ?

• 0 (no shares)

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 1 to 99 LONG

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • 1 to 99 SHORT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100 to 999 LONG

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • 100 to 999 SHORT

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • 1000 to 9999 LONG

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • 1000 to 9999 SHORT

• 10000 to 99999 LONG

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • 10000 to 99999 SHORT

• I am Elon Musk

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • I am Jim Chanos

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I am Mark BS a.k.a. 0 and I wish I had not been SHORT TSLA

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Moderator hat is OFF.

As an utterly strict rule, I very strongly urge no one to participate in this poll. There is absolutely nothing that can be learned from it, from a statistical sampling point of view, and all sorts of things that can be learned from it, from a nefarious internet lurker point of view.

This is a really bad idea.

*Exception: If you fit one of the last two categories, post away!

100-999 shares @ 400 a piece next week is a HUGE RANGE.

That's like either one base Model 3 worth or one of every Tesla including the 2020 Roadster with SpaceX package.

I expect the top of this range will insufficient for only the 202? Roadster with SpaceX package.

You are already far past that point with the original Roadster, a P100D, an X100 and a P3!

What a coincidence, that's my name too!

My Moderator hat is OFF.

As an utterly strict rule, I very strongly urge no one to participate in this poll. There is absolutely nothing that can be learned from it, from a statistical sampling point of view, and all sorts of things that can be learned from it, from a nefarious internet lurker point of view.

Well I mean the last 3 options are safe to vote for... You don't need to completely not participate!

My Moderator hat is OFF.

Now that I and hopefully others have had some fun with this and learned that TMC members' TSLA portfolio sizes probably span several orders of magnitude and that the Shorts keep a low profile here, I wanted to clarify what thoughts I had on this poll prior to making it. As a state trained assassin and saboteur who went for an IT-career, I think I can be nefarious with the best of them, in IT-matters and otherwise. My main concern was that people typically are honest in polls like this, so the voting had to be anonymous (except to TMC technical admins and anyone who has compromised TMC!). Also, in regulated countries were Tesla owners and stock holders roam, the criminal mind is per definition irrational (except maybe in those who have reached the level where they try to bankrupt a 60 billion-dollar company). So the information offered had to provide very little actionable information, i.e. portfolio size specified only to within one order of magnitude, and very large sizes lumped together with a not-so-large one. So a trade of shares fitting into of one the above limited-size-entries should not be able to influence the stock price. Also, unlike a forum dedicated to e.g. gold bullion ownership, ownership of stock that for larger holdings may sit in a tax-deferred fund or otherwise be difficult to liquidate, should be unlikely to attract the attention of a would be burglar, robber or ransom-seeking kidnapper. In fact, my main concern was that someone monitoring the poll from the beginning would observe the first entry made and assume it (possibly correctly) to be made by myself. But that could after all only be to the disadvantage of myself.

So while I agree that one should not expose specific details regarding one's wealth and private matters in general to the entire world for all eternity, I remain convinced that this poll is harmless. But as stated initially, everyone should make up their own mind in regard to this.

Thank you to all who contributed here.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden