Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the story of Tesla owner tapping the back before charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tesla People,

Recently, I've watched some videos in Tiktok about Tesla and I found that many Tesla owners tap the back light of their Tesla 4 to 5 times before charging. Why do they do that?

Maybe they do it because they don't know how their car works and they can't be bothered to read the owner's manual. Maybe they think TikTok is a source of credible information. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Anothergeek
It helps line up the electrons so that they can feed into the car in the most efficient manner possible. Without doing that, the electrons tend to bunch up at the charge port which causes a longer recharge session.
Or you can just install one of these...

Attachments

• tornado.JPG
    tornado.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 206
I've never seen that done. The guy in the TT video says quietly at the end that it "it really doesn't do anything...it is just a joke we have been pulling." It does not seem particularly funny, to me, BTW.

Look, the truth is that you have to tap the back just like how you have to hit the bottom of a ketchup (tomato paste for overseas people) bottle to have everything start flowing. It won't flow otherwise.
And even then it often doesn't come out of the glass bottles. You can squeeze the plastic ones and make them work, but they are worse for the environment.

And even then it often doesn't come out of the glass bottles. You can squeeze the plastic ones and make them work, but they are worse for the environment.

No, no. Never the bottom. Always right on the 57 - ketchup comes out perfectly every time.

I realize non-Heinz bottles don’t have a 57, but that’s what you get for an inferior ketchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.