Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WHAT IS THIS? FOUND IN FRUNK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found this in the front trunk of my new Tesla Model S 100D. Do you know what it is?

Attachments

• IMG_9478.JPG
    IMG_9478.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 356
That's your front tow hook, pop off a little cover beside the front battery radiator, screw it in and you can be towed.

See attached screenshot from Model S manual.

Thanks for the info, but where is it supposed to be stowed? It looks like someone made a mistake and just threw it into the frunk, where it can slide all around and get stabby all up in there! Isn't there a place where it is supposed to be stowed, maybe snapped into?

Also, do you know where the light wiring harness is stowed on the Model S?

Thanks for the info, but where is it supposed to be stowed? It looks like someone made a mistake and just threw it into the frunk, where it can slide all around and get stabby all up in there! Isn't there a place where it is supposed to be stowed, maybe snapped into?
There is no such storage spot. I would go ahead and pop off that cover and see if there even is a mounting point for it — not all Models S have them, mine didn't and I found out only when I needed it. Tossed the useless bit onto a shelf in my garage and walked away.

• Disagree
Reactions: bxr140
There is no such storage spot.

My 2018 MS has this hook in the emergency kit that was in the frunk at delivery.
Its a red pouch containing some medical supplies, the tow hook, an emergency warning triangle and perhaps some other things I haven't checked.

The red pouch has velcro so it sticks to the frunk interior lining.

But older models used different storage locations for this hook. The red pouch could also be a european thing. I believe the emergency triangle is mandatory in Germany for example.

My 2018 MS has this hook in the emergency kit that was in the frunk at delivery.
Its a red pouch containing some medical supplies, the tow hook, an emergency warning triangle and perhaps some other things I haven't checked.

The red pouch has velcro so it sticks to the frunk interior lining.

But older models used different storage locations for this hook. The red pouch could also be a european thing. I believe the emergency triangle is mandatory in Germany for example.
Yeah, we don't get an emergency kit in the USA.

• Informative
Reactions: Tozz