Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is this? found this under the passenger seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ohaq

Model S #P9,326
Apr 20, 2012
Michigan
What is this? found this under the passenger seat

images below
100_5599.JPG

100_5600.JPG

100_5601.JPG

100_5602.JPG

if your not missing a cover on the left side of your instrument panel, than the factory must have left a extra one for you.
Nothing missing so far on either side. Looked every where, no warnings on screen either. Thats what i thought that the tesla employee was like i just put the left cover in the car where did it go, ok lets just put another.

Last edited:
Nothing missing so far on either side. Looked every where, no warnings on screen either. Thats what i thought that the tesla employee was like i just put the left cover in the car where did it go, ok lets just put another.

You should be able to see it. Just open the driver door and look at the area that's exposed. You'll see the same piece on the side of the dash. If it's not installed, there'll be a big hole, which you probably would have noticed by now.

That makes me wondering. If such a part goes missing in the factory and ends up in a customers car, they should see that in their inventory. They know exactly how many cars leave the factory and how many parts should have gone in.

I wonder if they noticed the part is missing.

Don't laugh, but I had a Razor ( You know the little board with in line wheels and a steering handle) in the cubby in the trunk of mine. I offered to get it back to the factory, but no response.

- - - Updated - - -

With just 2 wires? How?

Sorry don't know the answer to that one. edit.... Looking at the connector, there appears to be more than two wires.