TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What is this HPWC worth?

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by Rockster, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

I have a friend who is interested in purchasing my HPWC for his upcoming Model 3. (I'm going to replace my single HPWC with two, daisy chained Wall Connectors so that I can charge my S and upcoming 3 on the same circuit.)

I want to quote a price that's fair for both of us but there aren't any used Gen 1 HPWCs to be found for sale when I've looked recently, so I want to crowd source a fair market value.

Here are the particulars on my HPWC:

• Purchased new from Tesla in December 2013.
    • Attached to a 100A circuit, but we typically charge at 40-50 amps except for the 3x or so per year that we charge at 80 amps
    • Wall mounted inside my insulated garage. (Not climate controlled, but climate moderated since it's an insulated, attached garage.)
    • Very good condition, including the cable.
    • I'm not sure of the cable length but there was only one length when I bought it and it's long, as most of the cabling stays wrapped around an organizer.
    • Never any problem with it, at all.

Thoughts on a fair price?

2. Naonak

Naonak Member

I'd say around 300ish

3. Blup85

Blup85 Member

300ish sounds fair to me. I bought one here for $400 I think.. new from an owner that didn't use it. (2nd gen)

4. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I picked up a used 1st gen HPWC with damaged "wand" for $50. I want to see if I can get a J1772 handle and wire it on to the cable.

• Helpful x 1
  5. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Thanks, gang! My friend and I went with $300. We both think that's a perfectly fair price.

• Like x 1