Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is this Icon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I searched the owners manual and can't find this icon anywhere. It looks like a speaker right below the steering wheel icon for Auto Steer. I've only seen this once. I'm stopped while waiting for the light to turn green.

Maybe it's telling me to honk the horn. :)

icon spkr.jpg

This could be the most commonly asked question in TMC! This icon appears when your car is moving slowly enough (or stopped) to be in the parking assist overhead view. It's used to mute the proximity beeps you get as you get close to obstacles or other cars. It's usually used in drivethroughs where the beeping can be non-stop.

Reactions: Thumpernator
This could be the most commonly asked question in TMC! This icon appears when your car is moving slowly enough (or stopped) to be in the parking assist overhead view. It's used to mute the proximity beeps you get as you get close to obstacles or other cars. It's usually used in drivethroughs where the beeping can be non-stop.

Thanks for that. I normally stop far enough from the car in front of me to turn and get by them just in case I need to get out of the way. Something I learned YEARS ago from motorcycle training. Never go through drive throughs since I don't do fast food anymore.

Wonder why this isn't in the Owners Manual? Oh well, thanks again for the info.