Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • We just completed a significant update, but we still have some fixes and adjustments to make. Please see this thread for more details and to find out how to revert to the old design. Cheers!

what is this little pipe from the headlight?

One month ago I changed my xenon headlight bulbs. A little pipe from the headlight falled. I put it again in place. This morning I found it on the floor near the tire. What is this pipe? Do I have to put it again in place? In green on the drawing
quel est ce tuyau.png

Reactions: tonglaji
Upvote 0

Huachipato

Jul 16, 2019
Murphy, TX
It's probably an open port to ensure the pressure on the inside of the headlight matches the outside. Typically this hose it aimed downward to avoid getting water into it.

I'd try to get the pipe back in place, it should just be a push is rubber hose onto the plastic nipple.

Fortunate for you I have a headlight just sitting in my garage so I can take a picture of it too... :)
1626964093780.png
1626964106225.png
1626964123963.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Watts_Up and Takumi

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC