Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is this part?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The other day I heard the sound of something falling inside the driver's door and then I found this little part in the door drain. Any ideas what it is, and if I need to fix it?

Attachments

• mystery-part.jpg
    mystery-part.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 94
The other day I heard the sound of something falling inside the driver's door and then I found this little part in the door drain. Any ideas what it is, and if I need to fix it?
Check if your manual door release works. That's the only other moving part I can think of in a Model 3 door.
Could have been an extra part stuck to the air barrier plastic.

Looks some what like a soft plastic cover for the stud on the window regulator where an arm travels up and down as the stud moves back and forth. The cap would be the type that prevents the stud from popping out of the slot it moves in. But this is just a guess from having seen a lot of other cars' window regulators.

Ahh, that sounds plausible. I bought a little endoscope off Amazon recently that uses your iPhone for the screen. I think I'll try to find a place to fish it into the door and look around for anything that looks like it's missing a part.
Thanks for the help!