TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What Is This Piece/Thing???

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by RyanF, Jul 9, 2018.

1. RyanF

RyanF Member

Any idea what this small tin foil like piece could be? Just noticed it for the first time. Won’t rip off, it’s a tough material whatever it is. Have an email out to the service department that fixed my AC to see what they say.

Also unfortunately noticed damage under my car that I can safely say was not caused by myself. Looks like the car was bottomed out at some point in time. Only sitting at 1,600 miles now most of which have been highway.

Attached Files:

2. kbecks13

kbecks13 Member

Kinda looks like aluminum/speed tape

3. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

That's the pull tab for the battery. That's evidently why the car has been performing as well as it should. Like all pull tabs, they are supposed to be removed before using.

;)

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 1
  4. RyanF

RyanF Member

Ha! It kind of reminds me of one of those oddly enough!

5. eSpiritIV

eSpiritIV Member

Is that black junk road asphalt spray?

6. RyanF

RyanF Member

No, unfortunately it’s scraped off plastic bits. Unknowingly to me the car has scraped bottom at some point in time.

7. super20g

super20g Member

I am too distracted by the orange peel to see what you are talking about. Seriously, why can't manufactures do a better job on paint. And bummer in the undercarriage scratches, is that something you are going to have service fix?

8. RyanF

RyanF Member

I don’t think I’m going to pursue having them fix it. You can’t see it from the side of the car, just when under the car, and I obviously can’t prove if they did it during transport. I gave the car a very good look over before it left and when it came back. Wouldn’t think to look under the car though.

9. RyanF

RyanF Member

Well I have emailed the service center pictures asking what this is on Monday, no response.

I called asking for follow up a day later, no response.

Went online and typed a request for follow up, (did not escalate to executive), no response.

I really love this car but dang it my patience is starting wear out!

10. novox77

novox77 1.21 Gigawatts

In the last month or so, I've been getting responses back from executive escalation within half a day. And you should totally report that undercarriage damage. I had scratches on my rear bumper that I reported a week after delivery. My local SC fixed it.

How does your SC give you "no response" when you call them? Do they never answer the phone? I've found that phone is the only reliable way to get the SC's attention. Emails to the entire service team or a specific person rarely gets a response. They are too busy and easily distracted to sit down and write a response.

11. RyanF

RyanF Member

When I called they suggested I email photos of this mystery piece. I said I did on Monday. Their response was they would look and call back.