Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is this sound?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did a few searches and couldn't find anything, but I'm sure it has been discussed in the past.

Upon entering the car, sometimes, I will hear a clicking type of chime that is repeated about 3 or 4 times. It is obviously trying to alert me to something, but I can't figure it out. I would compare this to the type of chime you might here in an ICE when leaving the headlights on when getting out of the car, or trying to lock the doors with the keys in the ignition. It happens randomly and only when first entering and sitting down in the seat. I can't figure out what circumstances have changed when this happens vs times that it doesn't happen. It last happened last week when I parked on the street to run into the post office. Coming back in and sitting down, I hear it. :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

Of course as soon as I post this, a different search brings the answer right up. :wink:

So, the mods can delete this thread or other curious owners can see the answer more updated. It happens when you accidentally press the "lock" button on your keyfob when the door is open. So getting out of the car (or getting in), my keyfob was accidentally pressed and it gives that chime.