Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is this symbol?-Couldn't find answer elsewhere.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so long story short, bought a 2021 M3 SR+ with 1,789mi on Vroom last week and it just got delivered on Thursday. Thankfully, I didn't have any of the crazy Vroom experiences that some have had and most of my efforts were just staying in constant contact with Vroom. Anyways, I got a hold of Tesla and got the car added to my account just fine. I then did a factory reset to clear all the data from the previous owner and set up profiles for me and my wife and did a software update to 2022.8.2 (as of today, it says my car is up to date).

Now here's my question (and to preface, I've seen a video and another post about this issue but no solutions). After doing the factory reset, there are two things that I have noticed.
1- When pairing the car to my phone, it showed up as 'Tesla Model S' not 'Tesla Model 3'. This was no big deal as I could rename the bluetooth device.
2- The real question is about symbology while driving on and off Autopilot. Prior to factory reset, when going above the speed limit, the speed limit sign would simply enlarge to warn me I was over the limit. AFTER factory reset, it appears that a 2nd speed limit sign is superimposed over the original. To add fuel to the fire, I will occasionally get another symbol (gray circle around the number 25 with a small exclamation point on the bottom left of the circle). I have no clue what this symbol means and can't find anything about it except one other driver (adigitalnomad is the name of the guy I think) who had the same issue, but I never found any solution.

Please see the attached photo and if anyone has suggestions or answers, I'm all ears...... Thanks for ya'lls time.

Attachments

• IMG_4741.JPG
    IMG_4741.JPG
    366.4 KB · Views: 410
Reactions: 3Sweet
Ok, so long story short, bought a 2021 M3 SR+ with 1,789mi on Vroom last week and it just got delivered on Thursday. Thankfully, I didn't have any of the crazy Vroom experiences that some have had and most of my efforts were just staying in constant contact with Vroom. Anyways, I got a hold of Tesla and got the car added to my account just fine. I then did a factory reset to clear all the data from the previous owner and set up profiles for me and my wife and did a software update to 2022.8.2 (as of today, it says my car is up to date).

Now here's my question (and to preface, I've seen a video and another post about this issue but no solutions). After doing the factory reset, there are two things that I have noticed.
1- When pairing the car to my phone, it showed up as 'Tesla Model S' not 'Tesla Model 3'. This was no big deal as I could rename the bluetooth device.
2- The real question is about symbology while driving on and off Autopilot. Prior to factory reset, when going above the speed limit, the speed limit sign would simply enlarge to warn me I was over the limit. AFTER factory reset, it appears that a 2nd speed limit sign is superimposed over the original. To add fuel to the fire, I will occasionally get another symbol (gray circle around the number 25 with a small exclamation point on the bottom left of the circle). I have no clue what this symbol means and can't find anything about it except one other driver (adigitalnomad is the name of the guy I think) who had the same issue, but I never found any solution.

Please see the attached photo and if anyone has suggestions or answers, I'm all ears...... Thanks for ya'lls time.
Were you driving on a school zone?

Upvote 0
So I haven't set anything up for Valet mode yet, but I am going to make it a point to drive through some school zones to verify this. I know the Main Street outside my neighborhood is not a school zone, and I've seen it pop up, so just need to do some verifications about that. Seems like an odd symbol for a school zone warning....Im in CA btw....

Upvote 0

I get that when I'm passing through a restricted school zone, only valid at certain times of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0