Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering anyone has any ideas about this? Is it an issue?

Attachments

• 5F8975C9-7F8C-4FB1-8C07-29D36D6EC744.jpeg
    5F8975C9-7F8C-4FB1-8C07-29D36D6EC744.jpeg
    350.3 KB · Views: 81
I was on a Tesla lot last Sunday, looking for my VIN, and I saw a car with that. The substance was hard and rough, like spackle, is yours? Sorry I didn't contribute to your question, but I have seen it on other MY. Hard to miss on a blue one!

I was on a Tesla lot last Sunday, looking for my VIN, and I saw a car with that. The substance was hard and rough, like spackle, is yours? Sorry I didn't contribute to your question, but I have seen it on other MY. Hard to miss on a blue one!
I was gonna say that I saw Teslas in Clarkston with different forms of “protection” On the corners of body panels to prevent damage. They would remove this before delivery.
But your comment makes me think it might be panel seal, which is a hardening filler used to fill seams between cramped and welded panels.

Try carefully removing it with a plastic tool. If it comes off, it’s just tape.

Haha, not mine... My delivery service center always drive the vehicles from their building to the parking lot.