Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is your budget for the Model lll?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would getting the supercharger option enable DC fast charging from other stations (with an adapter) I wonder? So if supercharging ends up being a paid option, would I have to buy it to be able to use Chademo, SAE Combo, etc? Or is that a separate option entirely?
On 70/85/90 S (and X) supercharging gives you Chademo. On the S60, if you enable Supercharging ($2500), you get Chademo for "free." You can enable Chademo only on an S60 without supercharging for $1900.

If they follow that model with the 3, I would expect adding Chademo only to be a bit cheaper than adding Supercharging and Chademo, but who knows?

On 70/85/90 S (and X) supercharging gives you Chademo. On the S60, if you enable Supercharging ($2500), you get Chademo for "free." You can enable Chademo only on an S60 without supercharging for $1900.

If they follow that model with the 3, I would expect adding Chademo only to be a bit cheaper than adding Supercharging and Chademo, but who knows?

But you still have to buy the Chademo adapter, don't you?

Cool - I didn't know you could add chademo separately from supercharging on the S60. I hope by the time the 3 comes out they have both Chademo and CCS adapters since more new EVs seem to be going CCS.

Cool - I didn't know you could add chademo separately from supercharging on the S60. I hope by the time the 3 comes out they have both Chademo and CCS adapters since more new EVs seem to be going CCS.

I am sure once there is a large enough CCS network, and demand, in the US that Tesla will make an adapter. (That is what happened with the CHAdeMO adapter.)

In the EU they will likely have a CCS adapter first, but both the Tesla and CCS plugs are different in the EU than they are in the US. (Of course once they have the CCS hardware working in the EU it would probably be trivial to change out the socket/plug to make a US version of the adapter.)