Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is your favorite Model S color?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm really glad I went with the Grey. It's dark enough to make it look awesome when it's all waxed up but not so dark that it shows every little scratch and bit of dirt. I went with the Tan Interior and the combo looks fantastic together.

modelsgrey007.jpg

Also. There's a nice Photo Album someone put up with good shots of ALL the colors. It really helped me decide. :)

https://picasaweb.google.com/112201872028038951980

We do love our green P85, but many of my autos have been green, so that may say something. I don't think any of Alaska's other Teslas are green, and I've not seen any in the Valley of the Sunstroke, either.

"Well, they say that geniuses pick green": Jack Byrnes. And I did NOT see that film before I'd chosen our color!

Can someone who has a Pearl White Model S please submit some photos of the exterior and also the interior for me. I think I want to switch my order from White to Pearl White. The problem I would encounter is: we would have to change the interior from gray to black without the red border. My wife does not like the tan interior because it looks worn as it gets older. We experienced this in our last S550 and was very disappointed. We currently have an Escalade EXT which is Diamond White (Pearl White) with Black (graphite) interior and it looks great.

Any help would be appreciated,

Phil

Phil, you should try to see White and Pearl White in person. I originally had Pearl White selected, and don't get me wrong it's a VERY "pretty" color... but in direct sunlight it looks like someone threw 10lbs of glitter at it. The "sparkle" of Pearl White was simply not for me. I'm sure you wife would LOVE Pearl White over the standard White. In the end, I switched from Pearl White to Standard White. Figured it'd be easier to touch up, maintain, etc... and it looks a little more manly to me (personally).

If I had to get another Model S, I'd probably do the MC Red. Stunning color in person.

I still prefer my original black car all dressed up ready to go to the ball in stunning "Faux Sig Red" wrap.

Not.

That only lasted 5 days before removal. :(

The locals thought it was primer paint.

My fave is Signature red and I thought I was going to fool everyone! :)

Attachments

• 2013-03-07_10-37-55_643.jpg
    2013-03-07_10-37-55_643.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 372
Phil, you should try to see White and Pearl White in person. I originally had Pearl White selected, and don't get me wrong it's a VERY "pretty" color... but in direct sunlight it looks like someone threw 10lbs of glitter at it. The "sparkle" of Pearl White was simply not for me. I'm sure you wife would LOVE Pearl White over the standard White. In the end, I switched from Pearl White to Standard White. Figured it'd be easier to touch up, maintain, etc... and it looks a little more manly to me (personally).

If I had to get another Model S, I'd probably do the MC Red. Stunning color in person.

I would probably recommend the regular white over the pearl (which I have), but not because it's too glittery. In fact the opposite. 99% of the time it just looks plain white. If I did it again, I'd save the $1500.

You asked soo.....

I dont like the standard white and black. I love my green and I never thought I would own a green car but it's so dark that it looks black, just better. The multi coat red and white are my fav but grey really takes the cake. No standard rims, 21"s greys all the way.

- - - Updated - - -

+1!

- - - Updated - - -

Brown with 21" grey wheels is sexy, standard wheels not so much. Sex it up a little and get some 21's!
Very nice. I like Multi-Coat Red, and Signature Red

I have to admit that I am really unhappy with the current palette of colors. Dark blue, dark brown, dark gray, dark green - and then the old regulars of white, black and silver. They really need to add some more lighter color options.

Yes, I get that the MS is a large, luxury sedan and typically most of those cars are painted with dark and muted colors but it seems to me that the MS is different. I think it can handle brighter lighter colors. Oranges, deep rich purples, lighter blue/silver... If you've ever seen all the colors you can get when anodizing titanium, that's kind of along the lines I would like to see.

anodizing.jpg