Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Is Your Model Y Body Type (V5C)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Js1977

Aug 13, 2020
Dorset
What is yours on your V5C?

Long story short I now have a new logbook from the dvla stating it's an MPV along with a letter as to why.

The letter from tesla explaining said they registered in error as a hatchback when the correct body code for model Y is MPV (multi purpose vehicle)

All that said.... My old logbook says its a saloon!

Check yours guys. Mine is a Model Y registered 1st of March 2022 in Southampton.

Yes Tesla made a registration error on my MY and had to correct from Saloon to MPV on the registration document. The problem was the new V5C came out of the blue and I only received an explanation letter from Tesla via the DVLA afterwards.

Yes Tesla made a registration error on my MY and had to correct from Saloon to MPV on the registration document. The problem was the new V5C came out of the blue and I only received an explanation letter from Tesla via the DVLA afterwards.
Same here. At first I thought the logbook formats where changing again and then when I got the letter saying they had registered as a hatchback instead of mpv, it was actually resistered as a saloon. Its like chinese whispers 😆