Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is your next smartphone going to be?

What Type of smartphone are you buying this year?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
iPhone 6+. Had a 5 and lots-o-problems with it. First Apple product I have ever had that happen. I bought a Galaxy S5. I HATE it! Lovely piece of tech, but the software is somewhere between Windows ME and Vista. Going back to iOS. Much more stable and predictable. I'm pissed because now I have to figure out how to cheat the system so that i don't have to practically 1,000 to get it, based on contract this and that.

'nuf said!

If you have Verizon, what I did to get an early upgrade was add another fake line that cost me $10/mo for 24 months. Then they can switch the new phone to your old line (so you keep the same number) and they basically said the new line was an iPad or something, which didn't actually exist. I think the new line has to be a tablet. It was a rare instance of Verizon providing good customer service to me. It ends up costing $240 over the 24 months, on top of your current bill, but it sure beats the amount of money it costs to buy out of contract. Regardless of your carrier, I'm sure they can work something out.

Do you plan to get the version from AT&T (or through Microsoft Store), or the special revision of this phone, the 1520.3, that has Qi wireless charging built into the phone?

Actually it is the AT&T version that is "special" by not having the built in charger, you get any of those phones in another country and they have the charger built in, AT&T committed to Apple that they would not support any other charging standard, so they were not allowed to sell any phone that had the Qi standard!

Actually it is the AT&T version that is "special" by not having the built in charger, you get any of those phones in another country and they have the charger built in, AT&T committed to Apple that they would not support any other charging standard, so they were not allowed to sell any phone that had the Qi standard!

I guess this must have happened after the 920 was released? Mine on AT&T had the Qi charging.

Maybe a Moto E. That would be my first smartphone. I really just want to combine my immortal Samsung flipphone and Galaxy Player, rather than wanting cellular Internet. Given most carriers' belief that smartphones are made of gold, I'm intrigued by Republic's basic cell service plan and recent Moto E announcement.

Which HTC? I hope you're not comparing those newer phones to the Trophy.

Actually it is Thropy. I quite liked it, and still use it from time to time. It performs on par with iphone regarding screen movement, it moves sharp and fast, however it is a bit small and heavy. So is iphone 4s. Galaxy has larger screen but I find its performance and battery inferior to both iphone and htc.

Actually it is Thropy. I quite liked it, and still use it from time to time. It performs on par with iphone regarding screen movement, it moves sharp and fast, however it is a bit small and heavy. So is iphone 4s. Galaxy has larger screen but I find its performance and battery inferior to both iphone and htc.

Try the Nokia's, overall once you have the livetiles it is hard to use anything else. I have tried all of them, and our entire company just switched to using Windows Phones. (only real issue is still the lack of a number of apps, including now native Tesla, I wish I could remove the calendar app on the console under app settings until they do support the windows phone).

I had to replace my phone just a week or so ago. I upgraded to an iPhone 4s. The guy at the mobile store was really annoyed I wouldn't buy something newer.

iPhone 4S - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia says they discontinued the 4s Sept 9, 2014 so I guess you got some of the stock they had left over from before it was discontinued. The 4s was originally released in 2011.

then again I'm still on an older phone and I'm considering buying a Samsung Galaxy SIII when they drop below $150 or maybe even below $100. It was released in 2012, but hasn't been discontinued yet.

Samsung Galaxy S III Sprint vs Apple iPhone 4s - Phone specs comparison

comparables of note

screen 3.5" on the 4s, 4.8" on the SIII (big screen size difference)
326ppi vs 306ppi (close enough)
512MB ram on the 4s vs 2GB ram on the SIII (big ram difference)

of course my current phone isn't as nice as your 4s or the SIII.

Try the Nokia's, overall once you have the livetiles it is hard to use anything else. I have tried all of them, and our entire company just switched to using Windows Phones. (only real issue is still the lack of a number of apps, including now native Tesla, I wish I could remove the calendar app on the console under app settings until they do support the windows phone).

Agree with your comment on livetiles. HTC and Samsung are my personal phones, iphone is work phone. Lack of apps in Windows when compared to iphone never bothered me, it actually felt like downgrade going to iphone from windows in that respect. Most of iphone apps are useless to me. The best things about iphone are apple store service, staff is great, very helpful, battery lasts long, and performance is very reliable and fast. Iphone has the best camera.

I never considered Nokia, I will check it online, may get it as a replacement for Samsung which is really sluggish, slow and unreliable. Samsung battery is poor. In Samsung's defense, it is a year older than iphone.

Agree with your comment on livetiles. HTC and Samsung are my personal phones, iphone is work phone. Lack of apps in Windows when compared to iphone never bothered me, it actually felt like downgrade going to iphone from windows in that respect. Most of iphone apps are useless to me. The best things about iphone are apple store service, staff is great, very helpful, battery lasts long, and performance is very reliable and fast. Iphone has the best camera.

I never considered Nokia, I will check it online, may get it as a replacement for Samsung which is really sluggish, slow and unreliable. Samsung battery is poor. In Samsung's defense, it is a year older than iphone.

Actually the Nokia Windows Phones have the best cameras. ;) The new optical image stabilization in the iPhone 6+ has existed in Nokias for a couple years now. The iPhone 6 in general is pretty close to the quality of Nokia's cameras now, but the Nokia seems to hold a slight edge still.