Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is your true Model 3 budget?

What is the top of your M3 budget

Votes: 12 2.8%

Votes: 54 12.7%

Votes: 103 24.2%

Votes: 98 23.0%
  • unlimited

Votes: 15 3.5%

Votes: 47 11.0%

Votes: 56 13.1%

Votes: 41 9.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hold RN 108k (first in on line but no in store order for me) and I am thrilled at the prospect of buying what I saw for 35,000. I will need AWD for east coast and if supercharging is extra I will need that also. Likely will want Auto Pilot assuming it keeps getting better for next two years. But then I worry because my top top budget is around 40k even that may be a stretch. So I am wondering, if you hold a reservation what is the most you will be willing to pay once configuration times rolls around

It will depend on what happens between now and then... (Like if I still have a job.)

But look at my estimates:
Base $ 35,000.00
Supercharging $ 1,500.00
Paint $ 1,000.00
Larger battery $ 7,500.00
AWD $ 4,000.00
Wheels $ 2,500.00
Auto-Pilot $ 2,500.00
Leather Seats $ 2,000.00
Premium Interior $ 2,500.00
Panoramic Roof $ 1,500.00
Fancy trim (Carbon fiber) $ 750.00
HiFi $ 2,000.00
Sub-Zero $ 1,000.00
Peformance $ 10,000.00
Ludicrous $ 5,000.00
High amp charger $ 1,000.00
Towing option $ 750.00
Smart Air Suspension $ 2,500.00
Carbon Fiber Spoiler $ 1,000.00
Grand total: $84,000.00

I will be financing, so I am more concerned with monthly payment. Right now about $500 a month would fit nicely in my budget. But if there are some compelling options I am definitely willing to go above that. The silver lining of the car not being delivered for ~2 years is an opportunity to save for more down payment and no need to commit to a specific budget for quite some time.

It will depend on what happens between now and then... (Like if I still have a job.)

But look at my estimates:
Base $ 35,000.00
Supercharging $ 1,500.00
Paint $ 1,000.00
Larger battery $ 7,500.00
AWD $ 4,000.00
Wheels $ 2,500.00
Auto-Pilot $ 2,500.00
Leather Seats $ 2,000.00
Premium Interior $ 2,500.00
Panoramic Roof $ 1,500.00
Fancy trim (Carbon fiber) $ 750.00
HiFi $ 2,000.00
Sub-Zero $ 1,000.00
Performance $ 10,000.00
Ludicrous $ 5,000.00
High amp charger $ 1,000.00
Towing option $ 750.00
Smart Air Suspension $ 2,500.00
Carbon Fiber Spoiler $ 1,000.00
Grand total: $84,000.00

Pretty much everything you have there is what I'll also get. I'm not sure if I'll get the Ludicrous option though. I may skip that and stick with just the performance option. I'm sure It'll be under 4 seconds. Don't need to go under 3. I also may skip the carbon fiber spoiler.

I'm in Canada so this will be even more expensive. I'm aiming for under 75K though.

I don't know if you can edit polls, but I think a lot of people are north of $50,000 but not unlimited. Looking at other threads and the Model 3 tracker, 80% are going to get AWD, larger battery, and autopilot, so I think that's maybe $50,000 right there.

I do wonder how much of a bias there is - going by what I see in those other threads, people will spend over $50,000, but Elon's tweet mentioned they expect $42k for average sale price, and that's not a number they want to minimize (the tweet was more aimed for investors it seemed). So who knows.

Really depends on how the Federal Tax Credit shakes out. If we get the full credit, I wouldn't hesitate to option one up between $45-50k. If it's less, my option total will be correspondingly so. Fortunately, I think I'd be perfectly happy with a base car + AutoPilot enabled and Supercharger pay-as-you-go or unlimited for a nominal ($1000 or less) fee.

Reactions: Booga and 22522
My budget tops out at $60k with TTL and everything (I am not taking the tax credit into account). If I am still here in tax-central CA, that will work out to something under $55k in options.

I am hoping to get an almost fully loaded one for that price. Will skip on P option if that pushes it too high tho

I will be financing, so I am more concerned with monthly payment. Right now about $500 a month would fit nicely in my budget. But if there are some compelling options I am definitely willing to go above that. The silver lining of the car not being delivered for ~2 years is an opportunity to save for more down payment and no need to commit to a specific budget for quite some time.

I am also going to have to finance part of it, even if only for a short time.

The timing is weird, because the longer I have to wait, the more money I can put down on the front end, but my ICE will be worth less.

I don't think I'll be trading it in (I already have the title, so I can finance the Model 3 without having 2 car notes on the books), so whatever I don't have saved up will be financed...and HOPEFULLY, the sale of my ICE can pay off my Model 3 car note before the first payment is even due.

Depending on how many boxes I check, I hope to be within $15,000 of the sticker price on my down payment.

And now we wait.........

I don't know if you can edit polls, but I think a lot of people are north of $50,000 but not unlimited. Looking at other threads and the Model 3 tracker, 80% are going to get AWD, larger battery, and autopilot, so I think that's maybe $50,000 right there.

I do wonder how much of a bias there is - going by what I see in those other threads, people will spend over $50,000, but Elon's tweet mentioned they expect $42k for average sale price, and that's not a number they want to minimize (the tweet was more aimed for investors it seemed). So who knows.
I will see if I can edit it

It depends on how much tax credit I will be getting... reserved in store on east coast @10:30am. Autopilot and heated seats are a must. If I get the full tax credit (or even 50%) I'll add AWD and glass roof.

$40,000 budget. Add tax credit on top of that for more features.

I will be checking every box. I am estimating around $60,000. I've been contemplating buying a Model S for the last 3 years so any configuration of the Model 3 is a bargain! :D

Take a look at my post above, if you check every option you are going to go way past $60k. I may have over estimated the cost of some things, but I may have under estimated the costs on others. (I discounted performance and ludicrous by 50%.)

Being in Canada the dollar will have a huge impact on me. If it were today $35,000 USD is $46,147.50 CAD.

I may not get much more than the Supercharger and sub zero packages. Those are necessary. Dual motors and the top battery is on my wishlist. We'll see what the Canadian dollar brings me in two years!

Take a look at my post above, if you check every option you are going to go way past $60k. I may have over estimated the cost of some things, but I may have under estimated the costs on others. (I discounted performance and ludicrous by 50%.)

I'd be shocked if a fully loaded Model 3 tops out at more than $75K. Just my WAG, but it will stop somewhere around $65K.

Also, your list implies a "double charge".

The only way you'll have to pay for Supercharger access is if you keep the smallest battery. If you upgrade to a bigger battery, the Supercharger fee will be "included" in that upgrade. Same as what they did with the Model S.

Reactions: vinnie97
Just my WAG, but it will stop somewhere around $65K.

The only way you'll have to pay for Supercharger access is if you keep the smallest battery. If you upgrade to a bigger battery, the Supercharger fee will be "included" in that upgrade. Same as what they did with the Model S.

Forgot about that. OK, so drop the total from $84k to $82,500.

Can you take my list and adjust it how you think will make it stop at $65k? (Either by adjusting the prices or eliminating options.)