TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What Kind of Car Did The Model 3 Replace?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by mact3333, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Jaguar

Jaguar Member

Smart ED and Fiat 500 Turbo.

2. bogich

bogich Member

2018 Accord Hybrid. I sold it 9 months after I bought it to get an SR+. It was a good car for what it was, but nowhere close to the enjoyment of driving(or better say living with) Model 3!

• Like x 2
  3. Coulomb_Cowboy

Leased Chevy Volt. Actually a really cool car with useful battery range (50 miles). I only filled it up with gas around 5X, and it had a tiny tank. I leased it as a bridge until BEV's became mass market, and I'm glad to say that day is here!

• Like x 1
  4. merickbz

merickbz Member

2018 Mercedes E400 :oops:

5. boxbot

boxbot New Member

It replaced my 2016 BMW M2 manual ... was a very very tough decision for me :(

6. commasign

commasign TeslaAdviceBlog.com

Wife’s car:

1999 Honda Civic LX -> 2005 Honda Civic SE -> 2008 Acura TSX -> 2013 Acura ILX Hybrid -> 2013 Toyota RAV4 EV -> 2018 Model 3 Performance

7. Razzl3t1

Razzl3t1 New Member

Sold my Lexus CT 200H to get M3 LR RWD last year...I literally have not thought about that car since this moment. M3 is outstanding.

8. spyderdawg

spyderdawg Member

2015 Leaf -> 2018 Model 3 Long Range.... Wife now drives the leaf daily after we sold her 2001 Mercedes SLK 320 to my dad.... Which we hope to get back one day after he restores it, the vert was pretty enjoyable.

9. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Member

Ordered a 2019 M3 LR AWD to replace my 2007 Suzuki SX4.

BIG trade up. Having owned cars with manual transmissions since 1987 it will be weird to no longer have to shift.

10. StellarRat

StellarRat Active Member

I don't know, but that Mercedes is a beautiful car.

• Like x 1
  11. StellarRat

StellarRat Active Member

Is it true that a clean garage is a sign of a mental health problem? ;) You clean garage people make me feel bad. LOL

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  12. Blucifer

Blucifer New Member

I am going from a 2017 Camaro SS 50th anniversary to the P3D+...I say going because right now the camaro is still sitting in my garage collecting dust while I enjoy the 3.

13. hydro 481

hydro 481 Member

C6 Vette

I’m just glad I don’t have to feed that thing gas anymore. Whenever I rent a car and have to pump gas I feel dirty. Like I’m cheating on my EV or something :p

• Funny x 3
  14. GalacticHero

GalacticHero Member

1996 Mercury Sable LS with a quarter million miles and a slew of modifications.

15. bak_phy

bak_phy Member

At least you can still say that you never gave in and bought an automatic!

16. Phlier

Phlier Member

My Model 3 (which we will be ordering August 1) will be replacing a 2018 Honda Accord.

Once per week (I'm an airline pilot) I drive 138 miles to work, take off on a 3 or 4 day trip, then drive 138 miles back home. The drive is all Interstate 15, except for 5 miles. Unfortunately, there isn't an EV charger in the employee parking lot of the airport, so I most likely will have to stop at a Supercharger (in Las Vegas, late at night) for a few minutes before heading home. Regardless of the inconvenience, I really look forward to getting the car.

17. biskit

biskit Member

2005 Mini Cooper Convertible. One of the first made. Thought I would keep it forever but my wife made me sell it. Tough day after driving that for 14 years but now I don't miss it. After 6 months with the Model 3 I will never go back!

• Like x 1
  18. Phlier

Phlier Member

Darn.. not seeing a way to edit my above post. The year of my car was a typo.. it's a 2016 Accord, not 2018.

19. SVL77

SVL77 Member

Traded 2015 Mercedes S63 AMG 4MATIC for P3D+. Happy.

20. Lithiumilo

Lithiumilo Member

#140 Lithiumilo, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Porsche 911 turbo sold

Audi S6 sold

Purchased Model 3 Performance. 2 into 1.