Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Kind of Car Did The Model 3 Replace?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Come to think of it , for like 90% of people , can’t see how the m3d LR can’t feel better that 95% cars out there ... cause compared to my M4 , this cars steering feel is tighter and more surgical ....feels faster , tech is way better

Only thing m4 does better is hard cornering with less body roll and less bounciness ... m3 has more understeer due to its weight and skinny front tires

M4 also brakes better than M3 ... but M4 is more of race/street car than our m3

Depends on the Model 3. Braking is very close between the M3 and the Model 3 Performance.

I came from a 2016 VW Golf R.

i am curious cause many prob feel its Prius and Volt/Leaf owners but I have a feeling many sportscar owners switched to the M3.

Please list what car you used to drive or sold to get the model 3 and which model 3 you bought !

I sold my BMW M4 and I’m glad I did... I have awd m3 long range but with many mods already .
Well, my ORIGINAL plan was that the Model 3 would replace my old but much loved BMW 325 wagon, which I'd held onto mostly because I loved it's simplicity, driving feel and manual shifter. Then I got rear-ended by a FedEx truck on the freeway and the BMW was totaled. But I was still a long way from the Model 3 being ready. So, after looking at some new BMWs (which, sadly, I hated) I lease an Audi A3 as a stop gap.

I replaced my 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer. The car was worth ~$3,000, and I upgraded to one worth in the neighborhood of $55,000 (LR AWD FSD). Elon's right, people that wouldn't normally by a luxury car are buying the model 3. I'm not a car guy, but I *am* a tech guy, and this thing is a computer on wheels. It's the first time I look forward to having somewhere to drive to. After my last "new" car cost me $22,000 I vowed to never get a new car from a dealership again; it just isn't worth the money.

Tesla is worth the money.