Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Kind of Car Did The Model 3 Replace?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2016 Chevy Spark!
We loved this car, mostly because it was leased on a fluke. A friend dropped his Volt off for service and we gave him a ride. The dealer said the best deal was a lease on Spark, so my friend convinced my wife that it was a no-brainer. The lease was less than we paid for gas in our old Nissan Maxima and she could be reimbursed mileage from work. Sadly the lease was due to expire and the tax credits were about to be cut in half, so we jumped into our fantastic long range AWD Model 3. Best car we've ever had (and I had a 72 Vista Cruiser!)

2013 BMW 335i. Super fast, great transmission, high quality materials, but absolutely horrendous build quality. Everything rattled and made noises, fixed probably 20 rattles myself and had to go to the extremely uncooperative dealer about a few more, and I was never able to fix a few of them. Drove me fking insane. It was also a very intense car to drive, with the stock staggered 19'' summer runflats, and generally hard to grasp dimensions of the car. My wife did not enjoy driving it. Great high speed cruiser for our road trips between SF and LA.

Much happier with my LR RWD Model 3.