Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What kind of changes or improvements do you hope...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Make the performance look better. As stated above. Differentiate it more.

vented seats. optional alcantara for P versions.

Sunroof option.

more color options

better interior options for color and dash finish.

more range. Stronger motors is always welcomed. I’m sure we’ll see this in the future. Trickle down from the S and X.

Standard mats. Wtf. I bought a $45k car and had to pay $200 for my own mats.

@XLR82XS Seeing as you have both 2019 and 2020 models, would you please tear each of them apart to compare what noise reduction measures have been improved for the good of the community ;)
I'll get right on it! ;)
Just by looking at the roof seals I do not see any difference from the 19. What I do see is the window seals are stiffer rubber than the 19 - I do not hear as much wind noise on the 20 as a result.

The rear wheel liners no longer have provisions for plastic Xmas tree push-in clips and the material seems to be stiffer and not as loose - maybe not flapping around as much while driving.

Despite what people say - those rubber seal kits from Amazon don't do *sugar* in terms of road noise reduction. They do however minimize the dirt/debris in the door openings/thresholds.

Reactions: PNWLeccy
Sunroof option.

more color options

more range. Stronger motors is always welcomed. I’m sure we’ll see this in the future. Trickle down from the S and X.

Standard mats. Wtf. I bought a $45k car and had to pay $200 for my own mats.
Agreed on sunroof option - at least venting ability. Agreed on color options. The motors from the 3 are actually used in the S as of 2019MY. (Not sure about X)

1. Better noise isolation
2. Powered liftgate
3. Working wipers (though latest software with deep learning does seem much improved)
4. Better ride or at least some paid (air?) suspension upgrade and one that does not click and clank.

I'll get right on it! ;)
Just by looking at the roof seals I do not see any difference from the 19. What I do see is the window seals are stiffer rubber than the 19 - I do not hear as much wind noise on the 20 as a result.

The rear wheel liners no longer have provisions for plastic Xmas tree push-in clips and the material seems to be stiffer and not as loose - maybe not flapping around as much while driving.

Despite what people say - those rubber seal kits from Amazon don't do *sugar* in terms of road noise reduction. They do however minimize the dirt/debris in the door openings/thresholds.
Can confirm that the rubber gasket for the roof and the door seals did not reduce noise noticeably for me. I’ve also added a trunk liner with no real improvement and have been wondering if the wheel well liners that I see on eBay might help but not convinced.

I mainly hear road noise on certain road surfaces and wind noise coming from the tops of the frameless windows that I don’t know how to solve for.

Can confirm that the rubber gasket for the roof and the door seals did not reduce noise noticeably for me. I’ve also added a trunk liner with no real improvement and have been wondering if the wheel well liners that I see on eBay might help but not convinced.

I mainly hear road noise on certain road surfaces and wind noise coming from the tops of the frameless windows that I don’t know how to solve for.

Have you tried this Solved: wind noise

As an aside, if you look on the parts website for Tesla (epc.tsla.com) you can see the part numbers for the various seals (door, body, etc.). Tesla SEEMS to follow a "versioning" number scheme where the suffix letter of a part number is incremented whenever a revision to that part occurs. As an example, the part number for the door seal (the one on the door itself) is currently 1090495-00-E. My guess is that it is on the fifth version of that seal. Now, that doesn't mean all 5 versions made it onto cars or are even materially different. Some may have been internal revisions only or just reflect supplier changes. Having said that, my guess is there HAVE been changes - of course w/o a published list of part numbers over time or a tie back to VINs, it is anyone's guess...

I've thought about getting new seals for my own Model S (a 2013 model) as the suffix is reasonably high and I'm fairly sure changes have been made since my own car was made.

Belated Festivus greetings.
  1. Physical wiper controls.
  2. Blind spot indicator on side mirrors
  3. Noise reduction
  4. Better voice media controls. Even with the new update it is nowhere near as good as my 2012 focus and far far worse than Google.
  5. Fast wireless phone charging
  6. Better Spotify streaming quality
  7. Alphabetical order in Spotify????
  8. Door handles that don't freeze
  9. Windshield washer that actually works
  10. Physical external frunk open
  11. Powered trunk and frunk open
  12. On demand battery precondition
  13. Scheduled departure for inconsistent schedules
  14. Scheduled departure manual adjust from phone
  15. Scheduled charging from phone

(I do love the car)

I was thinking about what improvements Tesla could make to the Model 3 to make me want to upgrade from my 2020 Model 3 stealth performance to another Model 3. In addition to improvements in overall build quality and sound insulation, I’d buy another if there was an exterior design refresh that sets itself apart from previous model years and other trims.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZapCarM3
Nothing significant, but a few items:

1) Improvements for phantom window roll downs. If it's an electrical or software glitch, fix it. If it's user error, maybe redesign the layout and buttons a bit to make it harder to press the window down buttons when getting out of the car.

2) I noticed the washers acted a bit wonky. Someone else mentioned them. I haven't investigated closely yet, but their performance on the road seemed iffy. I thought maybe the washer fluid was low, but based on other comments in this thread, maybe it's the design.

3) I do agree physical wiper controls would be nice. However, I did test on the latest software update, and you can use voice control to turn them on. Might be new with latest update.

4) Would be nice if the rear vents were the type that could be completely blocked, or a control added in the back to turn them off via software. On our last trip, the driver sure had to turn them on and off a lot.

5) Heated steering wheel option. Always wanted one. Never in my life have been able to get one. I've driven far too many days in my life with freezing fingers. Really, my fingers are the only part of my body that I feel needs help being heated. I don't give a rats $$$ about seat heaters; never in my life have I thought my butt was too cold.

6) Longer range battery option. Ideally I'd like to be able to skip every other supercharger station. The nav actually tried to make us do this a lot, but the estimated remaining was under 10% most of the time, and with it being winter, the actual ends up being less than estimated. End result, it was just slightly too tight to risk it. Could really use 350 to 400 miles of range, closer to what the max range S currently gets. This was for a trip between Kansas City and Denver. I think in summer it would be no problem, but when do most road trips tend to occur? Around Thanksgiving and especially Christmas; the cold weather months.

7) ALMOST FORGOT! This one is just a recommended software update. Add the ability to see and add additional superchargers to a navigation route. This would have been really helpful the multiple times we decided we weren't comfortable going to under 10% estimated battery remaining (because an estimate of about 10% generally realistically means 1 or 2% actual).

Last edited:
Oregon trail added to the arcade.

A3578F65-6DFC-4954-9781-91B195EAEB20.jpeg

Reactions: lottadot
I got a Performance at the end of last July, just turned 16K. Absolutely enraptured. Quite possibly the fastest thing I've ever been in or on. I commonly go for a six-hour trip just because there's a supercharger out there that I haven't been to.

Through odd and fortuitous circumstance, I got a Dual Motor yesterday, but not a P. Good lord, the feel of the DM on the road is heavenly. Undoubtedly because it has tires instead of rubber bands on the wheels, but it's also much more quiet- much, much more, and I don't think it's only from the tires. I'm more than satisfied with the Performance, but the DM feels far ahead in "luxury", without the onus of a luxury car. Still handles as though haunted.

Maybe it's because they took out the bag hooks and carpet from the froot. Cheap bastards.

• Funny
Reactions: lottadot