Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What kind of Kw are you getting at regen?

aerodyne

Nose cone car - "Going to LR"
Nov 19, 2018
Los Angeles
50 or a little more sound right to me. Since regen is only about 85% effiecient, I tend to coast more are rarely let all the way off of the go pedal except at slow speeds...

random155

Mar 18, 2019
NJ
The reason I ask is because someone told me that I have a 75D drive unit and he based this on regen and slight whine during regen. A Tesla rep said that the drive unit is original, so I’m kinda confused.

BPeter

Feb 2, 2019
Minnesota
The reason I ask is because someone told me that I have a 75D drive unit and he based this on regen and slight whine during regen. A Tesla rep said that the drive unit is original, so I’m kinda confused.

It's very unlikely you have a 75D drive unit. The non-performance dual-motor cars use a smaller rear motor than the rear wheel drive (and Performance) cars. I don't think a single small rear drive unit is a valid configuration for the Model S. Only large rear, large rear + front, and small rear + front.

ajdelange

Dec 10, 2018
Virginia/Quebec
I get higher and lower (X). Just as the power taken from the battery during driving depends on conditions and how far you press the pedal so does the amount restored to the battery during regen depend on conditions and how far you release it.

Chaserr

Hyperactive Hyperdrive
Sep 5, 2017
Logan
P85+

70-80kw for a few minutes when I plug in at single digit %, quickly dropping to about 50kW and falling under 40kW by the time it reaches 50%.

The worst part of batterygate is the updates that turned supercharging into 3+ hour stops. They haven't even updated the charging app wit hthe slower charge times yet to its estimates are off by hours, a snide reminder of what my car was before it was ruined by an OTA.

nativespinner

May 28, 2018
Tulsa, OK
About 60% SOC showing 60kwh of Regen.
IMG_20191028_162451.jpg

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC