Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What kind of Kw are you getting at regen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The reason I ask is because someone told me that I have a 75D drive unit and he based this on regen and slight whine during regen. A Tesla rep said that the drive unit is original, so I’m kinda confused.

The reason I ask is because someone told me that I have a 75D drive unit and he based this on regen and slight whine during regen. A Tesla rep said that the drive unit is original, so I’m kinda confused.

It's very unlikely you have a 75D drive unit. The non-performance dual-motor cars use a smaller rear motor than the rear wheel drive (and Performance) cars. I don't think a single small rear drive unit is a valid configuration for the Model S. Only large rear, large rear + front, and small rear + front.

P85+

70-80kw for a few minutes when I plug in at single digit %, quickly dropping to about 50kW and falling under 40kW by the time it reaches 50%.

The worst part of batterygate is the updates that turned supercharging into 3+ hour stops. They haven't even updated the charging app wit hthe slower charge times yet to its estimates are off by hours, a snide reminder of what my car was before it was ruined by an OTA.

About 60% SOC showing 60kwh of Regen.
IMG_20191028_162451.jpg