Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What kind of style car keys do you prefer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For model S and Model X ,the car key looks like a car.
But for model 3 is a key card like the bank card which looks differen from the other normal car key.
As for me,I would like to the key cover like the S istead od 3?
How about you?
Please talk with your own opinion.

Attachments

• key cover.jpg
    key cover.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 76
  • key card.jpg
    key card.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 64
  • key card 1.jpg
    key card 1.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 68
If I have to have a key card, I would prefer one small enough to put on my keychain. A fob makes far more sense if you occasionally use valet services. I doubt the typical valet parking booth has a slot to hold key cards, so at the very least the card needs to have a hole to install a chain so it can hang on a hook, just like every other car key in the world.

And what about something as simple as getting new tires? I am not looking forward to explaining the key card to a guy that puts 32 psi in a truck tire rated for 80, and is puzzled that I wanted at least 70 psi.

If they’d update the mobile app to be more convenient so I can open the frunk from the widget instead of launching the app completely I wouldn’t mind not having a fob as much. Also summon without a fob is going to be annoying once they finally give us summon...

Wow,it would be a nice thought here.Awsome!
Yes. You would think Tesla would have thought of this.

I plan on printing a label that fits the back of the card that provides simple instructions with diagrams for valet. Something like:

1) Place card as shown to unlock car

DIAGRAM

2) Place card as shown to drive car

DIAGRAM

3) Place card as shown to lock car

DIAGRAM

Edit: I realize step 3 is kind of redundant. However, it's a good reminder for the valet to lock the car.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Elice and MikeBur
Yes. You would think Tesla would have thought of this.

I plan on printing a label that fits the back of the card that provides simple instructions with diagrams for valet. Something like:

1) Place card as shown to unlock car

DIAGRAM

2) Place card as shown to drive car

DIAGRAM

3) Place card as shown to lock car

DIAGRAM

Edit: I realize step 3 is kind of redundant. However, it's a good reminder for the valet to lock the car.
upload_2018-2-26_12-2-17.jpeg

It already comes with the Lock/Unlock diagram.

Reactions: MikeBur