Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What kinds of problems can we expect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for the Debbie-Downer question.

Perhaps a better question would be: What problems wouldn't surprise you, based on Model S/X experience?
A lot of the problems with S and X -- including nearly all the hardware problems -- were very much "early off the production line" problems. Tesla has debugged a lot of the design issues on the S and X. And since ~18,000 Tesla and SpaceX employees are ahead of you, I wouldn't expect you to have most of the hardware problems. (The employees probably will have some!)

I would expect a crummy media player and a bad nav system, because on the S, Tesla has made no effort over the course of 3.5 years to fix the most obvious bugs in either.

Has there been any announcement as to how many Tesla/SpaceX employees reserved a Model 3? (Or are you just assuming that they all did?)
I'm just assuming that they all did. The people who know Tesla employees have said (on this forum) that the insider buzz was that essentially everyone was making reservations. SpaceX might not have such high uptake.

Problems I personally foresee:

1. Parking way out at the far end of the parking lot to avoid door dings only to come back and have some jackass parked right next to me
2. Door dings
3. Every kid within 20 miles wanting to race
4. Swirl marks
5. Having to stop to talk to people asking questions about it

I'm seriously thinking about just putting some Toyota Prius emblems on it and hoping for the best.

1. Parking way out at the far end of the parking lot to avoid door dings only to come back and have some jackass parked right next to me
2. Door dings
4. Swirl marks

I'm seriously thinking about just putting some Toyota Prius emblems on it and hoping for the best.

You forgot: 6. Distracted drivers unconsciously slowing down/closing next to you trying to get a better glimpse of model 3, thus causing jams and in worse situations possibly causing accidents

2. Door dings
4. Swirl marks

fake-cry.gif

• Disagree
Reactions: kort677