Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What made you choose a Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like I said, a view taken from a higher altitude, ie broader perspective, without going down rabbit holes.
I've had the MYLR for 11 months, found everything I needed, haven't seen a major layout shuffle. Yes, earlier owners have.
I use Voice Commands sporadically but they're effective at keeping me from driving & screen pecking together.

I recently attended the LA Auto Show and deliberately went thru every EV vendor there.
In terms of SW, the most surprising was VINFAST. The UI was unexpectedly complete and responsive.
Not so much - VW and Ford Mach-E
Middling - Nissan Ariya.

I have a M3 and the comment below sums up other makes.
"Hi sir your car has just come up on our computer and it requires a software update."
"will I have to bring it to the dealership?"
"Yes sir we can fit you in next week"
"do you have a curtesy car"
"sorry they all booked for at least a month"
"how long will it take"
"two days sir"

2 days passes

"Hi I'm inquiring about my car its in for a software update, is it ready"
"unfortunately sir the update computer is not working correctly"
"so are you saying you haven't even started the software update"
"sorry sir these things are out of our control its headquarters who control the software updates"

I'm sure you have all been here, some I suspect a number of times. This is the reason I drive and enjoy a Tesla.

Reactions: Bouba
I have a M3 and the comment below sums up other makes.
"Hi sir your car has just come up on our computer and it requires a software update."
"will I have to bring it to the dealership?"
"Yes sir we can fit you in next week"
"do you have a curtesy car"
"sorry they all booked for at least a month"
"how long will it take"
"two days sir"

2 days passes

"Hi I'm inquiring about my car its in for a software update, is it ready"
"unfortunately sir the update computer is not working correctly"
"so are you saying you haven't even started the software update"
"sorry sir these things are out of our control its headquarters who control the software updates"

I'm sure you have all been here, some I suspect a number of times. This is the reason I drive and enjoy a Tesla.
I had Land Rovers from 2019 and 2020 that both did OTA software updates. That was on the old ICTP software, the new Pivi Pro does likewise. Believe BMWs from iDrive 7 (also 2019ish) do the same.

Tesla were early (first?) with it, but it’s definitely not an unusual feature for the past few years and the existence of OTA isn’t a standout in the marketplace.

Reactions: Battpower
I had Land Rovers from 2019 and 2020 that both did OTA software updates. That was on the old ICTP software, the new Pivi Pro does likewise. Believe BMWs from iDrive 7 (also 2019ish) do the same.

Tesla were early (first?) with it, but it’s definitely not an unusual feature for the past few years and the existence of OTA isn’t a standout in the marketplace.
It was more about not having to deal with stealerships. Buying the Tesla was for me a totally hassle free experience and I didn't miss in any way the "Would sir like to take advantage of having his pockets emptied to increase my bonus and commission"

Reactions: Beady3647
not having to deal with stealerships.

I had high hopes for that when I started looking for CPO used Tesla ..... only to find I was stuck apparently dealing with British Car Auctions and some Tesla guy in Holland....

I ended up craving interaction with a dealership salesperson who at least would say something I could try and base a decision on. Them wanting their comission actually was the driving factor in them wanting to wrap up a deal as much as I did.

However, buying a new Toyota in California some years ago was a real joke...... wife and two young kids trapped in the dealership for several hours (really!). So it can be agony.

a totally hassle free experience

Tesla was all hassle for me, but made it in the end, and as long as I don't need to deal with them again, I think I'll be OK!

It was more about not having to deal with stealerships. Buying the Tesla was for me a totally hassle free experience and I didn't miss in any way the "Would sir like to take advantage of having his pockets emptied to increase my bonus and commission"
I guess I’ve been lucky with dealerships. Both BMW (two fantastic selling dealers) and one Land Rover. The latter were very supportive helping me reject a car due to a sensor issue that was fixed at the second attempt. When the sensor had a problem it disabled the acc and lane keeping - laughably this happens more in a non-faulty Tesla. I know from what I read on here that if we get a faulty car we get stuck with it, whereas with LR I had a new one built and got to run the old one for 7 months for free while I waited. I’ve certainly not got “no dealer” on my list of Tesla positives.

Reactions: Zilla91 and Neilio