Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What mis-feature(s) would you most like to remove?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just thinking about my Tesla Model X, and there are three glaring mis-features that I would like to be able to remove/disable, but can't:
  • The auto-fade on the sound system when you open the door. The fact that I'm opening the door does not mean I'm getting out of the car. It just means I'm opening the door. When I'm listening to something (particularly non-musical material), the last thing I want while stepping out of the car momentarily is for it to fade out the sound to the point that I have to pause and back up to catch what I missed.
  • The automatic closing of the driver's door when you hit the brake pedal. When I'm pulling forwards up to a curb, in my previous cars, I would just drive with the door open and one foot out on the ground and the other on the brake, inching my way forwards until I was far enough up. In my Tesla, there is no good way to do this, because it keeps shutting the door on my leg, which hurts like heck. It should auto-close when you shift into drive, and only once per shifting, not every time you touch the brake pedal.
  • The auto-present doors. It should be possible to turn off *just* this feature without losing the ability to double-tap the remote to open the doors.
What mis-feature(s) would you most like to remove in your Tesla?

We have a model x 7 passenger. There is a squeak under the middle seat passenger side. The first technician that identified that there is a piece of styrofoam that moves and causes the noise. We took it in for service, that technician left and a new one worked on it.

If you move the single middle seat the squeak stops for a while and then returns. He moved the seat and couldn’t find the squeak, I took him for a ride and it started again, slightly. I took it home for the weekend and as I was driving home the squeak got loud.

Back to service Monday. The issue is the seat needs to be removed and the floor taken up, look at the styrofoam and determine what part is causing the squeak.

Hope they fix it !!!

The automatic closing of the driver's door when you hit the brake pedal. When I'm pulling forwards up to a curb, in my previous cars, I would just drive with the door open and one foot out on the ground and the other on the brake, inching my way forwards until I was far enough up. In my Tesla, there is no good way to do this, because it keeps shutting the door on my leg, which hurts like heck. It should auto-close when you shift into drive, and only once per shifting, not every time you touch the brake pedal.

Wow - you want Tesla to support something that is inherently (crazy and) dangerous???

I love the auto closing of the driver's door when you hit the brake. I get your point though: would be nice to have these automatic features more adjustable so you can turn them off. However, the UI is already tough to figure out with all the options so adding more and more options would make the UI approach unusable for the masses.

Wow - you want Tesla to support something that is inherently (crazy and) dangerous???

How is it crazy and dangerous to use my foot relative to the car as an accurate way of measuring how far my vehicle has moved while traveling less than a foot at a time, at a few inches per second? I have my hands on the wheel and my butt almost entirely on the seat, so it's not like the vehicle can possibly get away from me, and the nearest wheel is several feet behind me, so I'm not going to run over my foot, either.

I'm several orders of magnitude more likely to be injured while merging onto any California freeway than doing what I described in the way that I do it. :)

Okay, so to be fair, it is slightly more dangerous in a Tesla, but only because it keeps shutting the door on my leg. :D

Nothing! I want them all enabled with toggles for me to control what I want on and off. They took away my smart routing 1+ years ago and I want it back. I miss the notification for a faster suggested route home w/o having to bring up the nav.