Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Model 3 configuration will you choose?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
afaik you can order a stealth performance?
Stealth Performance was only available for a short time at initial introduction. They previously had a separate "Performance Upgrades Pack" which had the upgraded brakes and 20" wheels and a few other things. Quite controversially, they started including the PUP for free a few months later. People were able to get a USD$5,000 refund if they bought the PUP and gave up the included Unlimited Supercharging.

honestly, unless you going inland/outback i dont think it makes much difference in queensland. The roads are too shitty and the speed you can drive just too low.

The only real issue will be the wait. Pretty much looks confirmed now the Long Range RWD and the Long Range AWD performance will be the first cars available to order and delivered. The SR and SR+ will have to wait.

Pretty .......much confirmed? How’s that, info please
Check out the other Model 3 thread - the last page and a bit have been dedicated to discussions around this:

Tesla Australia obtains certification for Model 3, with two variants and towing capacity | The Driven

The vehicle pictured on this page (https://rvcs.infrastructure.gov.au/perl/50079_1307746_RVD_16May2019083200.cmd) was registered and approved for sale in Australia, if you zoom in, it's a RHD Model 3, and it LOOKS like the Camry in the background on the left photo has a NSW number plate.

There are 3 motors being put through for approval here, which correspond with:
1. The front motor
2. The rear motor for the single motor RWD variant
3. Another rear motor variation with lower power which is used in conjunction with (1) in the Model 3 Dual Motor

There are 2 vehicle weights and 2 vehicle horsepower figures being put through as well, which correspond most closely with the LR RWD (1726kg, 225kW) and the LR Dual Motor Performance without the Performance Upgrade Package (?) (1856kg, 353kW).

There are then 2 wheel sizes input on the page, corresponding to the 18 inch aeros and the 19 inch sport wheels.

Which leads us to a conclusion of these possibilities:
1. LR RWD
2. LR AWD
2. LR AWD P-

Okay but I’m wondering if that precludes the dual motor long range, non performance. Same weight, motor config and battery capacity. That’s my expected preference, cost depending ...
It would be fairly unwise of Tesla to sell two trim levels of the same model that are probably going to be $40,000 AUD apart when the main role of this car in the portfolio was to allow for increased affordability. Having smaller financial 'step-up' increments would be an easier sell for those on the fence about certain upgrades for sure.

That being said, this is Tesla who don't always make well though out and pre-planned portfolio decisions, so we shall see...

Check out the other Model 3 thread - the last page and a bit have been dedicated to discussions around this:

Tesla Australia obtains certification for Model 3, with two variants and towing capacity | The Driven

The vehicle pictured on this page (https://rvcs.infrastructure.gov.au/perl/50079_1307746_RVD_16May2019083200.cmd) was registered and approved for sale in Australia, if you zoom in, it's a RHD Model 3, and it LOOKS like the Camry in the background on the left photo has a NSW number plate.

There are 3 motors being put through for approval here, which correspond with:
1. The front motor
2. The rear motor for the single motor RWD variant
3. Another rear motor variation with lower power which is used in conjunction with (1) in the Model 3 Dual Motor

There are 2 vehicle weights and 2 vehicle horsepower figures being put through as well, which correspond most closely with the LR RWD (1726kg, 225kW) and the LR Dual Motor Performance without the Performance Upgrade Package (?) (1856kg, 353kW).

There are then 2 wheel sizes input on the page, corresponding to the 18 inch aeros and the 19 inch sport wheels.

Which leads us to a conclusion of these possibilities:
1. LR RWD
2. LR AWD
2. LR AWD P-
Yeah but no 20" wheels sooo...? Considering the AWD is essentially just a software limited P, I'm wondering whether they had to list it for the full P power spec because that's technically what it is.

LR RWD, blue ext / black int, 19", basic AP.

The interior package is what locked it in for me, otherwise would've had to submit to my inner responsible adult, and bought a shorter range model.

RE: AP vs FSD; I just can't justify the FSD price tag. It's already a budget stretch, I like driving, and any FSD features we get for the next few years will be nothing more than a novelty. AP will be plenty useful for me at this stage. FSD probably for my next one though.

RE: RWD vs AWD; AWD just isn't needed in AU. The extra ~25km on the RWD gives more value to me than a redundant motor. AWD would be nice to have if it didn't detract from the range, but certainly not worth paying extra for. I've been getting along fine with RWD for the last 15yrs.

Reactions: baillies
Done!
Your Model 3 build details
  • Model 3 Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Autopilot
I'll wait for FSD post delivery due to LCT increases VIC.

Also used a referral and got 1500km free supercharging.

If you buy the M3P there is LCT in VIC....what makes you think there isn't?

VIC region selection, M3P with all options, looks like $7,514 LCT to me:

CapturFiles-31-14-2019_05.14.08.jpg