TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What model x interior redo should be...

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Erleichda, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Erleichda

Erleichda Member

2. Aljohn

Aljohn Member

Looks dated. To everyone, their own. I think a traditional interior would detract from the X.

3. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

4. Ulmo

Ulmo Active Member

I am one of those hated drivers that has an interest in what the 2022 and 2027 Mercedes EVs will look like. So far, they've only released the Smart, which is entirely too tiny for me; most of the rest of their EVs are anemic, ugly, etc.. That's why Tesla ate their lunch. If Mercedes can make dinner, I'm very interested. By then I'll already be in a Tesla or better, though, so they'll have to do something amazing.

Part of my bias is that I really don't mind high quality even if it is not flashy, showy, and the latest fad. I want quality. Many fad-oriented people, THANKFULLY, are drawn to EV's because they are good, right, and the new great thing, for which I am eternally grateful, but I'm not that. I hit the fad point with EV's back in the 1980s, and have been waiting to buy one ever since, and my tastes have evolved, matured and grown along with me.

5. elguapo

elguapo Member

Sorry, that looks awful to me. It looks dated and too much like the regular Mercedes interior, which I can't stand. That said, everyone prefers something different. Driving my S has made me hate buttons and anything less than a 17" screen. I am spoiled.

6. svp6

svp6 Member

Looks very dated.... If we are talking Mercedes, the interior of the new S-coupe is much more appealing, provided they could integrate the large command screen.

7. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

8. Blastphemy

Blastphemy Member

If only the interior of the X and S looked like the Cadillac ELR's interior, albeit while retaining the large display instead of the gawdawful C.U.E. system. That would be heavenly...

9. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

I have the ELR, interior is nice but I thought the X would be even nicer?

10. Blastphemy

Blastphemy Member

The X interior has many strengths and some advantages over the ELR's, but it doesn't look nearly as opulent.