Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

what month does my 8 year warranty expire?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's probably very close to the manufacture date on the door label...They were delivering the handful of cars produced within a month. A large number were delivered from Fremont in 2013. Look at the label on the drivers door

Reactions: Need
It's probably very close to the manufacture date on the door label...They were delivering the handful of cars produced within a month. A large number were delivered from Fremont in 2013. Look at the label on the drivers door

I'll look again. I didn't see a date the last time I looked but I might have missed it. I also looked on the center screen where the mileage and S/N are and did not see it there either

8 years end on the day you took delivery plus eight years. Example: delivery August 4,2012. Warranty is good til August 3, 2020. If something happens on August 4, 2020 that would be up for discussion. My guess: the warranty expires on August 3.

My extended warranty on the roadster actually expired a couple days after it had a cooling problem which resulted in exchanging the PEM. Had this happened just a few days later, I would have had to eat the cost. Lucky me.

If any problems occur during the warranty period make sure to report them. The repair will be covered by warranty even if the fix cannot be completed before the warranty expires.