Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What mount is this for the Valentine One(Second Gen)?

HotIce

Dec 18, 2020
MD
Does anyone know what mount this is? At 3:54, you can see it best. Love how it's mounted right above the screen. Would be better if it was higher, but that's a clean look.

Sep 10, 2020
Nj
Does anyone know what mount this is? At 3:54, you can see it best. Love how it's mounted right above the screen. Would be better if it was higher, but that's a clean look.

Interested as well and how to have it wired as neatly as possible as well. Any suggestions are appreciated.

HotIce

Dec 18, 2020
MD
Interested as well and how to have it wired as neatly as possible as well. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I have an answer for you. That's not a dedicated V1 mount. That's a modified cell phone dash mount. I'm going to do some digging to see if I can find something dedicated for the V1.

Sep 10, 2020
Nj
I have an answer for you. That's not a dedicated V1 mount. That's a modified cell phone dash mount. I'm going to do some digging to see if I can find something dedicated for the V1.
I'm hoping there is something but even the modified cell phone mount isn't a bad idea. I currently have a Version 1 I've been driving with since the mid 2000s. One of these days I'll pull the trigger and upgrade.

HotIce

Dec 18, 2020
MD
I'm hoping there is something but even the modified cell phone mount isn't a bad idea. I currently have a Version 1 I've been driving with since the mid 2000s. One of these days I'll pull the trigger and upgrade.

I had the first gen for around 14 years before I upgraded to the second gen. I actually got the first batch of units. They still have some teething issues, but I can confidently say this thing is going to live on my windshield for another 14 years.

Watts_Up

Mar 4, 2019
In a galaxy far, far away
Does anyone know what mount this is? At 3:54, you can see it best.
Love how it's mounted right above the screen.
Would be better if it was higher, but that's a clean look.

If you look at the video comments, someone asked the same question.

The mount is not in fact the BlentMount BV1-4014 recommended for the Model 3 but the Andobil Car Phone Mount with Suction Cup.

You can find the installation review at the 6:53 time stamp, showing in particular the bottom part cut to avoid blocking the Valentine 1 radar.

Last edited:

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC