Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What mount is this for the Valentine One(Second Gen)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an answer for you. That's not a dedicated V1 mount. That's a modified cell phone dash mount. I'm going to do some digging to see if I can find something dedicated for the V1.
I'm hoping there is something but even the modified cell phone mount isn't a bad idea. I currently have a Version 1 I've been driving with since the mid 2000s. One of these days I'll pull the trigger and upgrade.

I'm hoping there is something but even the modified cell phone mount isn't a bad idea. I currently have a Version 1 I've been driving with since the mid 2000s. One of these days I'll pull the trigger and upgrade.

I had the first gen for around 14 years before I upgraded to the second gen. I actually got the first batch of units. They still have some teething issues, but I can confidently say this thing is going to live on my windshield for another 14 years.

Does anyone know what mount this is? At 3:54, you can see it best.
Love how it's mounted right above the screen.
Would be better if it was higher, but that's a clean look.

If you look at the video comments, someone asked the same question.

The mount is not in fact the BlentMount BV1-4014 recommended for the Model 3 but the Andobil Car Phone Mount with Suction Cup.

You can find the installation review at the 6:53 time stamp, showing in particular the bottom part cut to avoid blocking the Valentine 1 radar.

Last edited:
My apologies for resurrecting an old thread. I custom designed and 3d printed a custom Valentine Gen2 mount for Model 3 &Model Y.
It reuses the suckers that came with the radar. Uses gravity to press on them to keep it "REALLY on there", no matter how hard you take the corners!

20220719_192134.jpg
20220719_192219.jpg

Here is a video of the install process. Actually not a process at all.
No Effort To install & remove.

Reactions: chump408 and bpon89
I have the gen 2 section cup to the top of windshield next to mirror. Cord goes in headliner down a pillar. Clean and works perfect. Not sure why anyone would do anything else. Keeps it hidden and you see 2” of cord. Ideal placement imo.

I have a gen 1 V1. I used a iphone mount with a mag safe holder, then attached the medal rings to the bottom of the V1 that come with it (to make non mag safe phone compatible). Paired that with the 6 foot non coil wire and pushed it under some body panels to get to the cigarette charger in the consol. Pretty easy/quick solution with a clean look. Sad that it is so hard to tap into the rear view mirror for power as I have with so many other cars.

Well in many cities/states you can not and should not leave any valuables in the car. My mount lets you quickly remove it and throw it in the center console. Most owners that I know don't drive with these on their daily commutes. These radars are typically for longer trips. (at least where I live)
So this is a great compromise. I use it myself, and also printed it for a couple of more people. They all love it too.
Let me know If anyone is interested in checking it out.

Well in many cities/states you can not and should not leave any valuables in the car. My mount lets you quickly remove it and throw it in the center console. Most owners that I know don't drive with these on their daily commutes. These radars are typically for longer trips. (at least where I live)
So this is a great compromise. I use it myself, and also printed it for a couple of more people. They all love it too.
Let me know If anyone is interested in checking it out.
Do you have one that works with g1. Looks great and better than the phone mount I’m using.