Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What name did you give your new Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After spending a few days with my car. I finally took a picture. I saw the picture and have decided to change the name. Introducing …… Sharknado.
86C041EA-979A-42CE-9288-44764A1EE1C6.jpeg

I had a name all picked out. Named the car it initially. Then after driving with AP for a bit renamed my car to Mr. Magoo on account of how blind apparently a vision only based autopilot can be. Some of you will be from the generations that get the reference. For those who don't, this will help put it in context. The cartoon came out way before I was born but I remember seeing it growing up. Here is a quote from Wikipedia that sums it up nicely. "Mr. Magoo is an elderly, wealthy, short-statured retiree who gets into a series of comical situations as a result of his extreme near-sightedness, compounded by his stubborn refusal to admit the problem."

Sounds like Tesla and radarless 3's and Y's now. So Mr. Magoo seemed very appropriate. Maybe Tesla will come out with Lasik for my MY and fix its vision. I keep hoping it will be included in one of the software updates.