Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What name did you give your new Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Completely off-topic: where did you get those tiles for the garage floor? I need those in my life! Do they stay put in place when the car is not on top of them? Also that wall shelf where you have the storage containers - I assume that thing is bolted pretty well into studs and is sturdy? I've always curiously wanted one but afraid one day it'll come crashing down LOL. Thanks!
Those tiles are RaceDeck FreeFlow tiles. I've had RaceDeck tiles in my last four garages and nothing but happy with them. It's a "floating floor" with a 3/8" expansion gap along the walls. Once they're locked together, they don't move at all. Below is a pic of the entire garage. That's 1,000 square feet, and the install took half a day at a slow pace. If you want RaceDeck, join GarageJournal.com and look in the "flooring" forum. They give members a good discount, about $3 per sq. ft. for the tiles, way cheaper than a good epoxy floor.

As to the shelves, those are NewAge shelves from Amazon. There's a heavy aircraft cable at 45 degrees supporting the front edge, and the shelves also allow you to bolt the cable to the ceiling joists if you want. 600 pound capacity, and those bins are the wife's xmas decoration carp, so I'm way under the limit. I have the 4'x8' shelf, and a double stack of 2'x8' along another wall. They're modular and you can configure them many ways.

Freeflow floor.jpg

Those tiles are RaceDeck FreeFlow tiles. I've had RaceDeck tiles in my last four garages and nothing but happy with them. It's a "floating floor" with a 3/8" expansion gap along the walls. Once they're locked together, they don't move at all. Below is a pic of the entire garage. That's 1,000 square feet, and the install took half a day at a slow pace. If you want RaceDeck, join GarageJournal.com and look in the "flooring" forum. They give members a good discount, about $3 per sq. ft. for the tiles, way cheaper than a good epoxy floor.

As to the shelves, those are NewAge shelves from Amazon. There's a heavy aircraft cable at 45 degrees supporting the front edge, and the shelves also allow you to bolt the cable to the ceiling joists if you want. 600 pound capacity, and those bins are the wife's xmas decoration carp, so I'm way under the limit. I have the 4'x8' shelf, and a double stack of 2'x8' along another wall. They're modular and you can configure them many ways.

View attachment 777897
We have similar minds, I have the same floor and a similar pattern as well as New Age cabinets.

Attachments

• DB351996-0768-4F66-AB17-3CEC159F59D7.jpeg
    DB351996-0768-4F66-AB17-3CEC159F59D7.jpeg
    735.3 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: csrpenfab
And I see a similar trend of wife's Xmas decorations creeping into the cabinet and storage areas 😆

Where did you purchase your New Age cabinets from?
You should see the storage hanging just above this photo. All outdoor decorations. the price of getting the flooring, I suppose. Ha.

I picked up the cabinets from Costco when they went on sale. I ended up doing that on this end and then on the other side of the garage is my wood working area where I used IKEA kitchen cabinets because I wanted a deeper work space.

• Love
Reactions: Trip McNealy
I named mine Schnitzel. I've always had German cars (VW and Audi) and this was my first non-German car since I bought my first car when I was 18. Needless to say my age, I've been driving German cars for a long time. I'm also of German heritage and this was my way to honor the past. I freakin' love this car!
Good to hear. I am a VW and Audi fanatic and selling my amazing A5 Sportback and I'm nervous! But posts like this reassure me lol.

View attachment 777897

damn! this garage is nicer than my house!

love it!