Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What New Owners need to Know - UK FAQ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WannabeOwner

Nov 2, 2015
Suffolk, UK
Dunno if this is a dumb idea, but wondered if a thread collecting Hints and Tips would be helpful? with the UK sales-surge that the M3 is about to bring?

Trouble with Forums that huge long discussions ensue which makes it difficult for people coming along later to see Wood for Trees. Maybe it will make an interesting, if lengthy read?

What do folk think?

Here’s a tip - If you have been assigned a vin and then a credit note appears on your account it will most probably mean your vin relates to a different car and its Tesla’s way of effectively cancelling that vin for you. You will not know this though unless you ask and even then they may just tell you to ignore it :(

Reactions: pow216
Couple of confirmation questions if I may:

1) Can people who have received their cars confirm what charge cable(s) they were supplied with.

2) Did you receive floor mats?

3) for partial premium interior, what are the media options? I’m guessing Spotify works via phone Bluetooth (not through car interface directly)? How about DAB? FM? Music on USB?

Many thanks and I hope you’re all enjoying your cars!

Reactions: smythey
Here’s a tip - If you have been assigned a vin and then a credit note appears on your account it will most probably mean your vin relates to a different car and its Tesla’s way of effectively cancelling that vin for you. You will not know this though unless you ask and even then they may just tell you to ignore it :(

Oh this had better not be the case. I've had a second credit note appear just this week (no change to the VIN that I noticed) and I've still got a collection appointment for Friday morning. I will not be impressed if I turn up to find the car's not there!

Oh this had better not be the case. I've had a second credit note appear just this week (no change to the VIN that I noticed) and I've still got a collection appointment for Friday morning. I will not be impressed if I turn up to find the car's not there!

Definitely call them. My vin was still listed on the credit note but was related to an entirely different car to my order. So unless they notice I guess potentially you could be arriving to collect something completely different.

They said Fremont issue credit notes to cancel vin allocations and will issue a new final invoice with a revised vin. It seemed like the UK sales rep wasn’t familiar with this practice and had to go away and check to verify.

I'm not convinced that's correct. I provided them with slightly different registration details and I got a credit note.

I'm not convinced that's correct. I provided them with slightly different registration details and I got a credit note.
Im not sure then. When querying my credit note was told the vin allocated to me was for a completely different car so the credit note was issued to correct this so wait for a revised final invoice. But on a previous call regarding this credit note I was told to just ignore it everything is in order. Both operatives had to off and check.

Couple of confirmation questions if I may:

1) Can people who have received their cars confirm what charge cable(s) they were supplied with.

Charging cable with NEMA 14-50 and standard 110 volt adapters are included. One lightning cable and one USB-C cable are included

2) Did you receive floor mats? none with SR+ , only with LR & Performance

3) for partial premium interior, what are the media options? I’m guessing Spotify works via phone Bluetooth (not through car interface directly)? How about DAB? FM? Music on USB?

No DAB on any model ,

Many thanks and I hope you’re all enjoying your cars!

• Funny
Reactions: GSP
I've still got a collection appointment for Friday morning. I will not be impressed if I turn up to find the car's not there!

Don't worry, they need your money and a completed sale and they need it in Q2 ... that is Saturday latest :)

Presume you have had confirmation that they have received your Dosh, and the number plate you have been allocated? If you have that then it is very unlikely that they, now, find something wrong with the car that prevents them handing it over.

I have:
Final invoice
then i got a credit note against that Final invoice
then I got an email telling me they have my funds (made against the Final Invoice, now credited ...)
a date/time to pick up the car

Proper paperwork muddle but I don't think any of that will actually matter

Don't worry, they need your money and a completed sale and they need it in Q2 ... that is Saturday latest :)

Presume you have had confirmation that they have received your Dosh, and the number plate you have been allocated? If you have that then it is very unlikely that they, now, find something wrong with the car that prevents them handing it over.

I have:
Final invoice
then i got a credit note against that Final invoice
then I got an email telling me they have my funds (made against the Final Invoice, now credited ...)
a date/time to pick up the car

Proper paperwork muddle but I don't think any of that will actually matter

Has your vin remained the same throughout ?

Has your vin remained the same throughout ?

Nope. Although it might only have been the one I got in source code that then changed. To be honest I haven't been monitoring it, it just so happened that I checked Source and made a note of that one and then based on conversation here I though "I'll recheck that" and found it had changed, so it might have changed again without me spotting it.

Nope. Although it might only have been the one I got in source code that then changed. To be honest I haven't been monitoring it, it just so happened that I checked Source and made a note of that one and then based on conversation here I though "I'll recheck that" and found it had changed, so it might have changed again without me spotting it.

This then potentially suggests like mine your vin was mistakenly assigned and then corrected hence the credit note. I guess you could then still pay your balance via your final invoice as the listed configuration would be correct and priced correctly. They can then keep revising the vin as much as they need to etc.

Excellent idea. I’m not sure about the technicalities of such a post but can you make or request a “sticky” that can be edited at any point in time?

I recently got a pre-Raven MX that came with the following:
32A type2 cable
Tesla UMC with 16A caravan adapter and UK 3 pin (I presume this is the gen2 model)
Type2 to CCS adapter
Towing kit (for trailer etc...)
Towing pin (so that the car can be towed when it runs out of charge :oops:)
Sunshade
Med kit and triangle
Mats
No USB cables

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GSP and jbcarioca
This then potentially suggests like mine your vin was mistakenly assigned and then corrected hence the credit note.

My VIN changed before I got a Final Invoice. Not aware that it changed after Final Invoice (but if might have done), so sounds different to your scenario. I imagined that they were shuffle/re-assigning VINs until they got the mid that they want.

Why they ever put the VIN in the Source Code at all, before actually making them visible to the Customer, beats me. Loads of interesting data hidden in the page ...

The only problem (that i am aware that i have :) ) is that I have paid against an invoice that has since been credited ... and no new invoice issued :rolleyes:

FWIW, I got a Mode 3 cable in addition to the usual UK 3 pin 13 amp cable with my new MS, collected last week.

Unfortunately, my extreme ignorance of most things concerning charging means that I have absolutely no idea what this cable enables. Could this be a CCS adapter I wonder?:oops::rolleyes:

I'm sure one of you kind gentlefolk will enlighten me at some time!:D

Meanwhile I would like to thank many of the members for their frequent and informative (regularly amusing) contributions particularly 'Wannabe Owner' and 'Arg'.

Genuinely, I have been an owner for a little under three years and doubt I would have progressed (however little) this far without the help and guidance of this forum.

Many thanks to all concerned!