Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What options for matte CF for the center console flip door and the sliding tray panel (2012 - 2020 Model S)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SilverGS

Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
Does anyone have any suggestions regarding an upgrade to the center console flip door and the sliding tray panel to match the OEM Model S matte carbon fiber dash trim?

I've checked the obvious - Amazon, Aliexpress etc, and nothing comes even close to the OEM CF trim. Of course these are all just vinyl wraps, so that is probably why they are so mismatched.

I found only one actual cover replacement by Tsportline, but the cost makes no sense - $1300 USD

I just upgraded my car's dash trim set (see cell phone pics below) to the OEM matte CF dash trim that I bought used from @EVPartsSol - Vendor - Tesla Parts in Phoenix, AZ! Batteries, Motors, Collision Repair Parts, Conversion Kits, Solar! Worldwide Shipping (Excellent service by the way)

I bought a gloss version of the sliding tray panel a year or so ago and it looks out of place now with the OEM CF dash.

original_1c77cdf0-f9cc-4bc0-a3ed-67896c042d92_PXL_20220602_201014651.jpg

original_ab1e356d-0ef2-4d19-86d8-92a1e114098f_PXL_20220602_201002802.jpg

original_e14a6761-197d-4ca0-93a3-8d5e41e73e92_PXL_20220602_200951629.jpg

So, one thing you could do is protect that center console tray with some nice matte PPF, i just bought a kit from XPEL so I dont have to cut any of the pieces for any of the Model S trim....I imagine you can save a few bucks and just trim it yourself from a piece bought.....so according to the pics, looks like you replaced the cup holder trim piece as well. They didnt sell you the slider cover in matte carbon fiber? I dont think u will be able to match that look easily because even the OEM carbon trim isnt really all that deep, but the matte as you prob already know is hard to find, most of the replacement pieces are gloss and extremely susceptible to scratches.....seems like u have two choices, buy an OEM slider cover from Tesla, i think its like $80.00 or so, OR try to wrap the existing slider with a matte PPF, but I dont think its gonna match the rest, thats what ur ideally after I imagine right?

So, one thing you could do is protect that center console tray with some nice matte PPF, i just bought a kit from XPEL so I dont have to cut any of the pieces for any of the Model S trim....I imagine you can save a few bucks and just trim it yourself from a piece bought.....so according to the pics, looks like you replaced the cup holder trim piece as well. They didnt sell you the slider cover in matte carbon fiber? I dont think u will be able to match that look easily because even the OEM carbon trim isnt really all that deep, but the matte as you prob already know is hard to find, most of the replacement pieces are gloss and extremely susceptible to scratches.....seems like u have two choices, buy an OEM slider cover from Tesla, i think its like $80.00 or so, OR try to wrap the existing slider with a matte PPF, but I dont think its gonna match the rest, thats what ur ideally after I imagine right?
Ideally the original matte CF slider from Tesla is what I want. I've checked the Tesla store but there's nothing like that. Unless I have to order it at an SC by submitting a service request?

The one in the car now is an original Tesla part but in gloss CF, it's not covered in vinyl

If that one in your picture is original OEM Tesla carbon fiber you might be able to slap on a piece of PPF and that’ll make it look matte I just don’t know if it’s gonna match the rest of your interior trim that you have in Matte. The problem is the slider it just is going to get scratched without some PPF on there I don’t think there’s anyway around that. Doesn’t your gloss OEM carbon fiber slider already have scratches on it?

If that one in your picture is original OEM Tesla carbon fiber you might be able to slap on a piece of PPF and that’ll make it look matte I just don’t know if it’s gonna match the rest of your interior trim that you have in Matte. The problem is the slider it just is going to get scratched without some PPF on there I don’t think there’s anyway around that. Doesn’t your gloss OEM carbon fiber slider already have scratches on it?
Slap on a piece of matte PPF might just be the key!! 👍👍👍

It doesn't have any scratches on it right now and it's been installed for a few months already