Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What options from Model S are most essential to you in the X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the half-hood coverage paint protection film and the 'I-blow-out-on-every-pothole-or-if-youre-lucky-ill-last-5k' 21" tires. :p

seriously though, probably everything but those two.

So I am guessing you would NOT go for a Performance PLUS Model X if it were offered because that package comes with 21" wheels, but maybe a maxed out (excluding the paint film) Performance Model X?

Model X I do require the variable height suspension but if I had a Model S mandatory so I could get in the driveway without front end scraping. The angle of the driveway apron going down and the angle of the street going up will scrape many cars out there. A few have turned around in the driveway with catastrophic damage. I got my son calling me one morning "Dad you got an oil leak big time!" me "HUH I drove to work ok 17 miles" Someone made a turn in my driveway wrecked his oil pan left a quart backed out made a left out the street dripping oil all over. I don't know how far he made it could not have been but a few blocks.

So I am guessing you would NOT go for a Performance PLUS Model X if it were offered because that package comes with 21" wheels, but maybe a maxed out (excluding the paint film) Performance Model X?

Are they going to offer a Performance Plus Model X? Seems kind of silly to make a family SUV try to act like a sports car racing with big and very impractical 21" wheels. Not gonna bode well for family vacations in it if you're on the side of the road with tire problems.

Are they going to offer a Performance Plus Model X? Seems kind of silly to make a family SUV try to act like a sports car racing with big and very impractical 21" wheels. Not gonna bode well for family vacations in it if you're on the side of the road with tire problems.

Escalade has 22" wheels, SRX (Caddy crossover) has 20" wheels. Q7 has 20" wheels optional (18" standard). It's not unusual. Plus it depends on the standard tire size for the vehicle. If it's the same as the S then I can see your concerns. If there's more clearance and the ability to handle more rubber then less of an issue.

Model X I do require the variable height suspension

Yeah I would like the air suspension too as much for smoothing out some rough dirt roads as for extra clearance, but I would prefer not to spend my money on the Tech package which is now required to get the air suspension. Originally the air suspension was offered separately and significantly cheaper on the Model S. It will be interesting see what these options cost by the time we can configure our Model X's.

Yeah I would like the air suspension too as much for smoothing out some rough dirt roads as for extra clearance, but I would prefer not to spend my money on the Tech package which is now required to get the air suspension. Originally the air suspension was offered separately and significantly cheaper on the Model S. It will be interesting see what these options cost by the time we can configure our Model X's.

The huge problem with the air suspension is that the "high" mode is limited to 18 mph. Drive at 19 mph and it settles back to "standard" I want "high" for ranch, gravel roads (my 2 mile driveway), and want to drive 25-30 and stay in "high" mode. Sorry, that is not an option... :crying:

The huge problem with the air suspension is that the "high" mode is limited to 18 mph. Drive at 19 mph and it settles back to "standard" I want "high" for ranch, gravel roads (my 2 mile driveway), and want to drive 25-30 and stay in "high" mode. Sorry, that is not an option... :crying:

Maybe we will get lucky and the Model X will have enough clearance that we will not need the air boost. The trick I imagine for Tesla is to balance that against general driving dynamics. But with the low cog provided by the battery pack I imagine there is significantly more leeway than with a regular SUV or CUV.

This is not a wish list of options as there is already a thread for this. I am just curious which options people are interested in of the known Model S options.

Most essential are obvious as in tech package and air suspension. I don't see how both of those are not standard however on X. And yes I'll be getting the P+ if TSLA is anywhere near 200 at the time of final payment ;)

Most essential are obvious as in tech package and air suspension. I don't see how both of those are not standard however on X. And yes I'll be getting the P+ if TSLA is anywhere near 200 at the time of final payment ;)

If I have to choose between tech package and the larger battery for budgetary reasons, I think I will go with the bigger battery. But, yes, if Tesla is above 200, I will get both. Don't want the P+.